Aldi Bag Search

Just been to Aldi and the checkout assistant asked to look in my bags. When I asked why she said because a lot of money was walking out of the doors. Now I didn't argue with her because I know she was only doing as she had been told. However I noticed the person behind me didn't have to open his bag. I came away feeling quite aggrieved, I hadn't done anything to make anyone think I'd stolen something. I can understand that theft must be a big problem but really, is the answer to treat the customer like a  thief. If this subject has already been raised I apologise, but I just feel so angry.

I had this when I went into Sports Direct to buy some shorts.

On my way out there was a security guy asking to look in my bag, thankfully I had the receipt.

I felt insulted, and I vowed I wouldn't go in there again. 

The same thing happened to me in Aldi at Killamarsh, I had receipts to prove I’d paid, they are only doing their job and what they’ve been asked to do, I was fine with it and checkout assistant was very good about it.

• Like 1

My wife uses the Scanners in Sainsbury’s when shopping and quite frequently is double checked at the exit.

Not a problem at all,but I wish that all supermarkets would man the tills that  are available,particularly for trolley fulls.