Memories Of Sheffield Forum

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Donkiddick was always fun.  He used to send me some funny PMs.

I'm now remembering a post Don Kiddik made about how he collected World War II memorabilia, then went on to say he had  World War II head protection gear but it was jaded, and excused himself saying that he needed to go and polish his helmet. Honestly, I was slow on that but got there eventually! :D 

Edited by Draggletail
typo

37 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

I'm now remembering a post Don Kiddik made about how he collected World War II memorabilia, then went on to say he had  World War II head protection gear but it was jaded, and excused himself saying that he needed to go and polish his helmet. Honestly, I was slow on that but got there eventually! :D 

Yes I remember he used have a bit of banter with another user. I think he was called Vinny.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Donkiddick was always fun.  He used to send me some funny PMs.

The "Scarey Mester" as I remember - we had some laughs about Rovvrem.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Yes I remember he used have a bit of banter with another user. I think he was called Vinny.

I was at a bit of a low ebb one night. I can't remember but it must have been something I posted on the forum. Don private messaged me. He was/is a very caring bloke in real life and it turned out that was reflected in his choice of work.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 16:05, Draggletail said:

It isn't a new account, just an additional account he had back in the day, so i was told.

Are you able to divulge the name of the additional account?

2 minutes ago, Norbert said:

Are you able to divulge the name of the additional account?

Not under the circumstances. :hihi:  Maybe I misunderstood something, or mis-remembered something from back then Norbert. It was a brief conversation at the end of the night in the pub, a long time ago... 

On 08/05/2024 at 14:38, Baz1 said:

Its very possible that some of these 'old posters' probably still come on and read what is going on, just do not get involved/log in.

Of course, sadly the ones who passed away, are gone- I fondly remember PlainTalker, she was very balanced, sharp and did not shy away from tackling some of the outspoken posters.

Anyone remember Graham- overzealous Christian. Even when he was shown he was wrong or the stuff he quoted was incorrect/had discrepancies, he just ignored it and stood his ground 😄

Graham was a true Christian,  I admired him very much.

On 14/05/2024 at 16:31, cressida said:

Graham was a true Christian,  I admired him very much.

Welcome back Cressida. Where’ve you been recently? Missed you!❤️

echo.

• 4 weeks later...