Has Hamas/Israel Started A Very Serious Conflict?

3 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Battles have been fought in those  tunnnels , they have been used to enter another country to slaughter and Kidnap people.

All construction was supposed to be approved and these tunnels were not, so how did they approve all the concrete and materials?.

Tunnel entrances under hospitals etc,

Attacking people at a concert and slaughtering them .

These so called underground defences were not legally constructed and clearly used for the opposite of defence

Construction approved by who?

As a country in its own right I would assume that they could construct their own defences just as Israel and Egypt do,

The early tunnels were constructed to smuggle in goods when Gaza were subject to embargoes .

The instances of tunnels extending into Israel and Egypt are few and far between.

The taking of “hostages “is relatively easy under Israel’s “legal” system.

Unfortunately that leads to the taking of Israeli hostages as future bargaining chips.

21 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes The Kurds have been betrayed by us and the US .

You really have to conceptualise the US state as a psychopathic serial rapist and murderer to have a hope of predicting what they'll do next.

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Construction approved by who?

As a country in its own right I would assume that they could construct their own defences just as Israel and Egypt do,

The early tunnels were constructed to smuggle in goods when Gaza were subject to embargoes .

The instances of tunnels extending into Israel and Egypt are few and far between.

The taking of “hostages “is relatively easy under Israel’s “legal” system.

Unfortunately that leads to the taking of Israeli hostages as future bargaining chips.

“At times,” he wrote in the Post, “I argued with Israeli leaders and security officials, telling them they needed to allow more construction materials, including cement, into Gaza so that housing, schools and basic infrastructure could be built. They countered that Hamas would misuse it, and they were right.”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Delbow said:

You really have to conceptualise the US state as a psychopathic serial rapist and murderer to have a hope of predicting what they'll do next.

Like Russia , Like Iran , and a cast of many .

2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

“At times,” he wrote in the Post, “I argued with Israeli leaders and security officials, telling them they needed to allow more construction materials, including cement, into Gaza so that housing, schools and basic infrastructure could be built. They countered that Hamas would misuse it, and they were right.”

Well they will certainly need construction materials in the future looking at the devastation that continues.

Who wrote in The Post Incidentally.

29 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

A Palestinian man is lowered into a smuggling tunnel beneath the Gaza-Egypt border, in the southern Gaza Strip, on September 11, 2013.

A Palestinian man is lowered into a smuggling tunnel beneath the Gaza-Egypt border, in the southern Gaza Strip, on September 11, 2013.

Not denying there are tunnels.

As I asked who gives permission for construction in Palestine or more relevant who forbids it.?

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Not denying there are tunnels.

As I asked who gives permission for construction in Palestine or more relevant who forbids it.?

"Smuggling tunnels".

I don't think anyone will admit to permitting them.

26 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Well they will certainly need construction materials in the future looking at the devastation that continues.

Who wrote in The Post Incidentally.

I'm guessing it came from here

Who Gave Hamas the Cement for Tunnels? A Jewish Journal article.

I wonder if it should be read in conjunction with other articles such as these two opinion/analysis pieces  from Haaretz? There are many others in a wide variety of journals

A Brief History of the Netanyahu-Hamas Alliance

"For 14 years, Netanyahu's policy was to keep Hamas in power; the pogrom of October 7, 2023, helps the Israeli prime minister preserve his own rule"
Further into the article

"The MO of Netanyahu’s policy since his return to the Prime Minister’s Office in 2009 has and continues to be, on the one hand, bolstering the rule of Hamas in the Gaza Strip, and, on the other, weakening the Palestinian Authority."

Another Concept Implodes: Israel Can’t Be Managed by a Criminal Defendant

Hamas as partner
Effectively, Netanyahu’s entire worldview collapsed over the course of a single day. He was convinced that he could make deals with corrupt Arab tyrants while ignoring the cornerstone of the Arab-Jewish conflict, the Palestinians. His life’s work was to turn the ship of state from the course steered by his predecessors, from Yitzhak Rabin to Ehud Olmert, and make the two-state solution impossible. En route to this goal, he found a partner in Hamas.
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he [Natanyahu] told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019.

“This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”

It's not a recent claim
Netanyahu: Money to Hamas part of strategy to keep Palestinians divided 2019 Jerusalem post
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended Israel’s regular allowing of Qatari funds to be transferred into Gaza, saying it is part of a broader strategy to keep Hamas and the Palestinian Authority separate, a source in Monday’s Likud faction meeting said.
Netanyahu explained that, in the past, the PA transferred the millions of dollars to Hamas in Gaza. He argued that it was better for Israel to serve as the pipeline to ensure the funds don’t go to terrorism.
“Now that we are supervising, we know it’s going to humanitarian causes,” the source said, paraphrasing Netanyahu.
The prime minister also said that, “whoever is against a Palestinian state should be for” transferring the funds to Gaza, because maintaining a separation between the PA in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza helps prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.