Has Hamas/Israel Started A Very Serious Conflict?

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Interesting video here.

Could be genuine, could be fake.

https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1752358472925003873?t=jhs7x_x7IgaKAB8VGWvH4A&s=19

I'm not sure Mr Hinckle is the most reliable source, but the video is genuine enough; it's widely reported elsewhere, including this story on Haaretz

From that and other reports, including from the Israeli military, the claim is that they were terrorists planning a future attack.
One was long term disabled and receiving medical treatment for previous injuries, one was his brother, and the third a different visitor

If they were planning something from within the hospital, then that would likely be defined as a war crime.

It's also reported that they were shot with silenced weapons, whilst sleeping
Clearly this was within the bounds of a hospital, as per the video and photographs, so is also likely a war crime under international law.
I've no issue with them being arrested and interrogated, but this would appear to be excessive force if they didn't present an immediate threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

Nuke em 😱

27 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Really? 

Not the first time it's been suggested, in one case by an Israeli minister; he's reported to have repeated it as well, since the ICJ ruling
OK apparently he's now suspended, though I'd argue that might really be as he's alluded to Israel actually having nuclear weapons, which has hitherto been denied.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/far-right-minister-nuking-gaza-is-an-option-population-should-go-to-ireland-or-deserts/

Far-right minister: Nuking Gaza is an option, population should ‘go to Ireland or deserts’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/far-right-minister-eliyahu-even-in-the-hague-they-know-my-position/

See also
https://www.newarab.com/analysis/erase-gaza-how-genocidal-rhetoric-normalised-israel

This opinion piece in Haaretz is also worthy on consideration
Israel's Mainstream Brought Us to The Hague, Not Its Lunatic Fringes

Edited by peak4

5 minutes ago, mafya said:

Read the links I posted they give you an explanation of why Hamas may have carried the attack out instead of being lazy.

Getting folk to read links, when it's easier to be argumentative or provocative is always going to be difficult; I'm not referring to you here. 😉
The ones I added to post 31 in this thread might help put some stuff into context. (as well as post 52)
I've started to type them in a blue font when I remember.

Just now, hauxwell said:

Something on TV which is very worrying.  A UN weapons inspector says Iran has enough uranium to make 12 nuclear bombs in five months. 

Ooooh weapons of mass destruction. 

I bet they can launch them and hit us in 40 minutes. We must invade IMMEDIATELY. 

#DontForgetTheFakeAnthrax 👍

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Ooooh weapons of mass destruction. 

I bet they can launch them and hit us in 40 minutes. We must invade IMMEDIATELY. 

#DontForgetTheFakeAnthrax 👍

I wouldn’t be surprised if they already have one nuclear weapon now, don’t think invading is the answer.  

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

I feel your pain on that one. 

Unfortunately Post 52 I entered has now been deleted as a result of the false accusations/allegations on other posts.
 I really can't be bothered typing it all again, though I don't think there was anything particularly contentious in anything I wrote.
It was a series of genuine newspaper reports detailing the actions of some Israeli politicians.

I'll just leave this opinion piece from Haaretz

Just now, hauxwell said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they already have one nuclear weapon now, don’t think invading is the answer.  

I was being sarcastic 👍

The false threat of WMDs is what basically got us into the war in Iraq.

1 minute ago, peak4 said:

Unfortunately Post 52 I entered has now been deleted as a result of the false accusations/allegations on other posts.
 I really can't be bothered typing it all again, though I don't think there was anything particularly contentious in anything I wrote.
It was a series of genuine newspaper reports detailing the actions of some Israeli politicians.

I'll just leave this opinion piece from Haaretz

My bold.

I saw nothing wrong with your post I just didn't have the time to follow the links earlier. It's a shame because I was looking forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and having a read. 

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes, it's very frustrating when you click a link to a previous post and it's simply not there.

It makes following the conversation trickier than it needs to be. 

To me it seemed the terrorists sympathisers were being protected from being challenged. Not good for the integrity  of a discussion forum.