The Yom Kippur War .

How long say would the ceasefire last,  it would only start again unless there was a written agreement in the meantime.

Just had the misfortune of hearing part of an 'interview' by Piers Morgan. 

Some Jewish guy and a Muslim..

My God what a gob on a stick that Muslim guy was. He did himself and his cause No favours at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cressida said:

How long say would the ceasefire last,  it would only start again unless there was a written agreement in the meantime.

I don't think a written agreement would cut it .

'gob on a stick'  not heard that one before haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Just had the misfortune of hearing part of an 'interview' by Piers Morgan. 

Some Jewish guy and a Muslim..

My God what a gob on a stick that Muslim guy was. He did himself and his cause No favours at all.

Careful you'll be called a racist and an islamaphob 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cressida said:

That is exactly the purpose of the cease fire which keeps being proposed.

They will never,  ever,  kill each other into submission despite them fooling themselves.

Nobody has ever beaten terrorists by killing them   -   look at Northern Ireland.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

They will never,  ever,  kill each other into submission despite them fooling themselves.

Nobody has ever beaten terrorists by killing them   -   look at Northern Ireland.

I wonder if the U.S.  really want a ceasefire,  I can't see a pause being useful.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Do you agree with Len McCluskey's idea ?  Give them both a piece of land and then Hamas wouldn't exist anymore .

7 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Nobody ever said that every Muslim was a nice guy,  or that every Jew was,   or every Englishman,  or every Yank.

There are some who think the opposite way,  that every brand x is a horrible ruthless killer etc.   which just shows how stupid they are too.

There's good and bad in all races such as some Englishmen who would love to nuke everyone they don't like.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

I wonder if the U.S.  really want a ceasefire,  I can't see a pause being useful.

I don't think they really do but they are juggling on a high wire at the moment and, if they drop a ball,  it'll be more than regrettable   -   and for us too.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

You're probably right there matey.

I don't care though if I'm honest. It would just show desperation on their part. 

27 minutes ago, cressida said:

No doubt your average civilian will want a ceasefire and then an end to the conflict unfortunately the industrial military complex won't have any of that.

Too much money to be made. 

As GW Bush once said. "Money trumps peace sometimes".

Edited by The_DADDY

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

You're probably right there matey.

I don't care though if I'm honest. It would just show desperation on their part. 

No doubt your average civilian will want a ceasefire and then an end to the conflict unfortunately the industrial military complex won't have any of that.

Too much money to be made. 

As GW Bush once said. "Money trumps peace sometimes".

When I made that post I suddenly thought - no U.S.  makes money out of arms dealing .....and it's getting in the way of a ny prospective deal.

• Like 1

Just watched a bit more of the interview but had to turn it off.

That Muslim guy is seriously a full weight piece of crap. If he's representing Muslims then Islam has a serious problem.