Savage Family Research

I'm researching my grandfathers ancestry George Edward Savage. The family lived in Crookes on Carson Road. I have traced back to the early 1800s and they were a very poor working class family file cutters etc. coming from around the areas  around City Road, and Kelham Island. Can anybody help - thanks. There were lots of children so I might be lucky in that someone else out there is trying to find out more.

22 hours ago, Maryhoppy said:

I'm researching my grandfathers ancestry George Edward Savage. The family lived in Crookes on Carson Road. I have traced back to the early 1800s and they were a very poor working class family file cutters etc. coming from around the areas  around City Road, and Kelham Island. Can anybody help - thanks. There were lots of children so I might be lucky in that someone else out there is trying to find out more.

In the remote hope that we might be distantly related,  I have a few Savages in my tree that precede yours.  John Savage married Hannah Conor; child William Savage (born abt 1763) married Hannah Bee and had child Sarah Savage born abt 1791 who married Joseph Mettam - lived for a time in Bailey Lane, Sheffield.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to prince Edwards school from 78 to 85 with a Jason Savage, lived just off queen Mary road on a road who's name I can't remember, and has since gone with the new estate build