Sufc Transfer Embargo

bassett one

15 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

A reliable source close to the club has stated that no players will be leaving the club today, despite sizeable offers for two in particular. They go on to say that the monies owed are all sorted and are to be settled early in February, hinting that this is when the scheduled take over will be completed. As the embargo will still be in place today, this ultimately means that we won't be bringing anyone into the club.

Seems very much that all is in order. Unlucky Brooker11 (covid expert)

Shortly after the source announced this..  the local journo's seem to have caught up...

Doesn't really ring of a desperate or troubled club does it 🤣🤣 Nothing to see here.

It could be translated as "up your offers" to get bigger bids.

Edited by Alextopman

4 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

True. But if the embargo settlement being in place is correct, then there would be no need or reason to sell anyone?

I'm a glass half full type until we're over the line, If Embargo settlement was sorted why entertain offers in the first place. They tell us what we want to hear.

This day has a habit of being the worst day of the season for us.

Edited by Alextopman

I’m glass half empty. I remember the unforgivable Deane & Fjortoft nightmare.

Re the funding to clear the embargo - it appears that may have only been put in place or agreed just today.

And if that stops the sales today, that’s great. But wow….that was the closest of shaves yet.

Fingers crossed it’s all true. I’ll believe it when the window closes. And not before.

42 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

I’m glass half empty. I remember the unforgivable Deane & Fjortoft nightmare.

Re the funding to clear the embargo - it appears that may have only been put in place or agreed just today.

And if that stops the sales today, that’s great. But wow….that was the closest of shaves yet.

Fingers crossed it’s all true. I’ll believe it when the window closes. And not before.

The Deane and Fjortoft deals are exactly why I wouldn't believe anything until it's shut if I was a Blade. Same with us, until it's official I believe nothing.