Is xmas getting boring.

7 hours ago, Padders said:

I think that Christmas is getting boring.

It's getting repetitive, we do the same things every year...

Shopping's a nightmare, we drink to much, eat to much, and we get ripped off when business's jack up their prices...

Even the Tele is more boring than usual, every year were subjected to every Carry on film ever made.

Now Ben Hur is a great film, worth watching a second time, but not 300 times.

So what's to be done,

I may have the solution.

First of all, lets take a look at the World Cup, Footballs equivalent of Christmas, a feast of football played over a few weeks and enjoyed by millions.

They don't hold it every year, it would get boring, so it's held every 4 years.

Why can't they do the same with Christmas?

A 4 year wait for Xmas would be an ideal solution.. 

This would give us the opportunity to save up lots of cash and have a right old knee's up.

First of all we could start with a rehearsal for the big day, the following week, we could have the big day itself, then we could have a repeat performance for those people who missed the rehearsal, and the big day.

This would stretch Xmas over 3 weeks, when we could all be drunk and merry.

A party that would last 3 weeks, what's not to like.

Come on, lets try it.

But a lot of father Christmases only come once a year 

On 24/12/2022 at 12:35, Padders said:

I think that Christmas is getting boring.

It's getting repetitive, we do the same things every year...

Shopping's a nightmare, we drink to much, eat to much, and we get ripped off when business's jack up their prices...

Even the Tele is more boring than usual, every year were subjected to every Carry on film ever made.

Now Ben Hur is a great film, worth watching a second time, but not 300 times.

So what's to be done,

I may have the solution.

First of all, lets take a look at the World Cup, Footballs equivalent of Christmas, a feast of football played over a few weeks and enjoyed by millions.

They don't hold it every year, it would get boring, so it's held every 4 years.

Why can't they do the same with Christmas?

A 4 year wait for Xmas would be an ideal solution.. 

This would give us the opportunity to save up lots of cash and have a right old knee's up.

First of all we could start with a rehearsal for the big day, the following week, we could have the big day itself, then we could have a repeat performance for those people who missed the rehearsal, and the big day.

This would stretch Xmas over 3 weeks, when we could all be drunk and merry.

A party that would last 3 weeks, what's not to like.

Come on, lets try it.

Your right “Padders” !!!!...,

Xmas is getting boring but that’s because we’re getting older !!!!....

• Like 1

I don't think children find it boring. They still love it! 

I think maybe older people's expectations have become too high. They are fed this dream of the perfect Christmas and are disappointed when the reality doesn't live up to expectations.

Good grub, good company and a few drinks and treats should see people right, but stretching it out from October to the end of December is pushing it a bit, with more and more bits added on to spend money on (Christmas Eve boxes, Elves on bloody shelves etc) is just too much.

We are perhaps bored with excess.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I don't think children find it boring. They still love it! 

I think maybe older people's expectations have become too high. They are fed this dream of the perfect Christmas and are disappointed when the reality doesn't live up to expectations.

Good grub, good company and a few drinks and treats should see people right, but stretching it out from October to the end of December is pushing it a bit, with more and more bits added on to spend money on (Christmas Eve boxes, Elves on bloody shelves etc) is just too much.

We are perhaps bored with excess.

Never mind Anna,

Easter egg's 'll be on't shelves in Morrisons next week 🤣.

Keep safe and all the best for 2023

Rocker 8)