Car Insurance.

45 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I have just had a quote for the renewal of my car insurance which last year was £550-00. This year it has shot up to £749-00. I have had no claims. Has anyone else had a big hike in their car insurance?

Very similar, just phone them and ask for their best price, they shaved circa £250 off mine.

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

I have just had a quote for the renewal of my car insurance which last year was £550-00. This year it has shot up to £749-00. I have had no claims. Has anyone else had a big hike in their car insurance?

Mine came down but car crime is on a rapid increase unfortunately 

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

it pays to say i am thinking of going elsewhere is that your best deal or get a better quote and tell them you are thinking of moving,then they normally come up with a better deal to keep your trade.

I tried that with lv they wouldn't budge an inch so went else where

My insurance has gone down the last couple of years much to my surprise. I got used to jumping ship every year due to the dubious practice of “scaling “ whereby insurance companies cheerfully rip off loyal customers. My old Japanese 4x4 tank costs well under £300 to insure fully comp with protected NCB. My lad has found it vastly cheaper to drive a big top spec 10 year old estate rather than a basic Fiesta or other little hatchback. The insurance companies definitely stalk which cars younger drivers tend to buy and ramp up prices accordingly so thinking outside of the box means he has a nicer car for less money. I don’t know how they price for older drivers but doing a comparison for different vehicles might be worth a try.

16 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why attach any loyalty or emotion to it at all? Just Internet search for the lowest price and go with that. Its just car insurance, purely a business transaction.

I don’t have any loyalty to an insurance company. They get binned off the moment they try to take the P. I’m just sufficiently lazy to stay with them while ever they are charging me less. I have more loyalty to my preferred power tool manufacturer who conveniently make all of their batteries to fit all of their decent tools. De Walt in my world.