Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

14 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

And yet the EU does not seem to have a problem with petrol or food being in the wrong place and we did not have a problem before Brexit occurred. If it isn't Brexit what is it?

drivers are standing up for themselves after so long they can do less hours and still earn more , most drivers are now on anything between £30 and £45 ph

15 minute wait at Morrisons Woodseats this morning for fuel. Not too bad, however half the pumps were out so not sure whether that means they're running low or just limiting supply.

16 hours ago, ab6262 said:

this has been a long time coming, crap conditions crap pay and crap hours nobody want s to do the job, 

as for visas that wont solve it, bring in the Army class one driver that are stood about.

44 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

drivers are standing up for themselves after so long they can do less hours and still earn more , most drivers are now on anything between £30 and £45 ph

Spot on AB.

I'm still not coming back always found enough work with 7.5

As for petrol, car tells me how many miles I've left in't tank.

I've a good idea of what mileage I'm going to be doing in the near future. 

(until the next 'Dad can you just run me to' phone call ) 

Till then I laugh at the panic buying & will deal with my next fill up when it comes.

Although I could probably do with some petrol for the ride on Mower :lol:

See the source image  

Keep safe.

Guest sibon
8 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Yep I do but sadly due to my location and my Ignorant neighbour we have a lot of rats so the chances of growing anything that doesn't have rat pee on it is minimal lol

That is a real problem. Rats love tomatoes.

Its a real problem in other ways too. Are the council any help?

17 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Ì think The Army  have helped  before,  several years ago during the Tanker drivers strike plus driving the Green Godess's during the Firemans strike in 78 and loads of other stuff like floods ect.  Our Armed Forces  are always on hand to help.  UNSUNG HEROES.

I couldn’t agree more with you. The armed forces are UNSUNG HEROES.

They also helped with the covid vaccine rollout and you often see them building flood defences when rivers are expected to overflow to reduce flood risk to people’s homes.

If they are called in to help with HGV shortages they will do a brilliant job and ease  some fears of panic buying.

The Brits love panicking, it’s in their life blood, I dearly wish that I had something that everyone would want if I made out that it was going to be next to impossible to purchase in the near future.

Marco Digioia, the head of the European Road Haulers Association, says that pay for HGV drivers is generally better in Europe and that new EU rules have improved working conditions.

25 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Marco Digioia, the head of the European Road Haulers Association, says that pay for HGV drivers is generally better in Europe and that new EU rules have improved working conditions.

well he would say that, i wonder why supposedly thousands of drivers came here in the first place!

When companies don't value their workforce then this is what happens. Oil companies are worse than supermarkets for being skinflints. I've got my Army Hazmat and C1+E but no way will I be tempted to go driving.

The problem has been a long time coming with threats of losing your job if you don't take a pay cut, working longer hours and ***ing in a bag.

Edited by Findlay

32 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I've been out and about the last two days and not seen any queues at the two petrol stations I regularly use.  I've not bought any petrol as I have plenty in my tank and will buy as normal sometime next week.  I'm more than willing to give details of the location of my two regularly petrol stations via private message to any forum member providing they are not anti Brexit, anti Tory, anti Boris, anti British or anti democracy.  Obviously that rules out any of the Mister Men, their associates and sock puppets.

You've got some sauce accusing other members of being 'sock puppets.  You've had enough user names on here to make a football team!

I'm just hopeful  that one day they'll reappear on here so you can all argue amongst yourselves :hihi:

Speaking of sock puppets I see that Michael Green, alias Grant Schapps, the supposed Transport Secretary was complimenting Brexit, and how it could be the solution to the shortage of HGV drivers 🤪

I must have either been lucky or some of the news stories on the internet are all being hyped up.

Went to Sainsbury's at peaks yesterday afternoon, no queues, no chaos, a couple of diesel pumps closed off but unleaded seemed plentiful.  Similar story when I drove past my local independent garage which again did not have more than about 3 or 4 cars and no tailbacks down the road.

Prepared to some of the horrendous scenes I've seen in the Sheffield Star about "motorist madness" I must be on a different planet. Maybe Morrisons and Tesco shoppers are a little bit more hysterical or selfish with their panic buying.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You've got some sauce accusing other members of being 'sock puppets.  You've had enough user names on here to make a football team!

I'm just hopeful  that one day they'll reappear on here so you can all argue amongst yourselves :hihi:

Speaking of sock puppets I see that Michael Green, alias Grant Schapps, the supposed Transport Secretary was complimenting Brexit, and how it could be the solution to the shortage of HGV drivers 🤪

Schnapps is currently fully employed under his given name, blaming the public for the crisis. It’s hardly our fault that nobody believes a word this government says and panics at the first whiff of a problem. He’d be better employed doing his job properly and sorting out the problems, rather than indulging in victim blaming.

I’ve also been out and about today. There were no queues at the two petrol stations that I passed, because they were sold out of unleaded.

Edited by sibon