Panic Buying At Petrol Stations?

4 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

First of many, I'm sure!

Our local pub's got a chalked  a-frame outside, reading

Beer shortage soon!

Panic buy here now!

HaHa.. 

Yeah I've seen a couple of pubs online who have done similar things. 

I'm sure we'd be a whole lot better off if this kind of thing wasn't reported in the news. As soon as there is even a hint of any kind of shortage, it just fuels panic buying.

30 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Two pictures in the link below sums up the brains of some people in this country, one guy filling 6 green cans and another with three big white containers in the back of his car. 

Monster queues at petrol stations as desperate drivers fill jerry cans (msn.com)

Woman reporter on Sky said people are filling up gerry cans though it could be for their lawnmower🤔

What a relief, I’m down to one lawnmower fill up, no way that I’m going to the pumps with a can, and then my foot hits a half full can on the garage floor that I didn’t know that I had, that’s me sorted for this year. 👍

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I'm sure we'd be a whole lot better off if this kind of thing wasn't reported in the news. As soon as there is even a hint of any kind of shortage, it just fuels panic buying.

Totally agree, @Waldo - but sadly the media hasn't got the brains to see that - or maybe they just like irresponsibly  fuelling the fire?

Edited by RollingJ

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Agreed.

First it's reported that there may be a problem tomorrow, which in turn causes the problem, and then they can report it as actually being one!

31 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Totally agree, @Waldo - but sadly the media hasn't got the brains to see that - or maybe they just like irresponsibly  fuelling the fire?

Media don’t care about consequences for the county if it sells newspapers or generates ad revenue etc.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Media don’t care about consequences for the county if it sells newspapers or generates ad revenue etc.

I'm aware of that, sadly, but some sense of responsibility should exist - surely. They should know by now that a large percentage of the population don't think of anyone but themselves, therefore creating unnecessary and avoidable problems for all.