Sheffield United V Relegation

22 hours ago, Alextopman said:

There was no malicious intent in that tackle, Lundstram put's a good shift in all the time, the table tells us of their problems.

I'm not going to respond to that...

On 22/12/2020 at 13:57, Alextopman said:

There was no malicious intent in that tackle, Lundstram put's a good shift in all the time, the table tells us of their problems.

Whether or not there was malicious intent it was a red card, top and bottom of it is you cannot go in like that these days. Football has changed, can you imagine hard tackling players like  Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith playing today, I bet they wouldn't have lasted till half time before being sent off. 

Edited by iansheff

2 hours ago, Box11 said:

I'm not going to respond to that...

Thans for telling me that.😀.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Whether or not there was malicious intent it was a red card, top and bottom of it is you cannot go in like that these days. Football has changed, can you imagine hard tackling players like  Norman Hunter and Tommy Smith playing today, I bet they wouldn't have lasted till half time before being sent off. 

I don't think it deserved a red card but agree with you about past players not staying on the playing surface long in todays game.

4 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Thanks for telling me that.😀.

19 hours ago, iansheff said:

I see CW is still insisting that the tackle didn't merit a red card, and he is still encouraging his players to "get stuck in."

I fear he's not moved on.  If no less a hard man than Roy Keane adjudged Lundstram's tackle to be a red card, then we have to listen.

Blades' tactics being rumbled + CW's resorting to "get stuck in" is the final death knell.

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

I see CW is still insisting that the tackle didn't merit a red card, and he is still encouraging his players to "get stuck in."

I fear he's not moved on.  If no less a hard man than Roy Keane adjudged Lundstram's tackle to be a red card, then we have to listen.

Blades' tactics being rumbled + CW's resorting to "get stuck in" is the final death knell.

You seem a little obsessed with Chris Wilder Steve. You’re not Jurgon Klopp are you ?🙂

4 hours ago, steved32 said:

Roy Keane would have never played two games in a row if Lundstrams tackle was a red card. 

6 hours ago, atticus said:

You seem a little obsessed with Chris Wilder Steve. You’re not Jurgon Klopp are you ?🙂

Ja, ja ich bin!!!!

On 23/12/2020 at 13:53, iansheff said:

Even in days past, even when there was NO contact, Blades players were getting booked for intent. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-fa-premiership-shearers-final-say-1407178.html?amp#aoh=16088382818751&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Anyone remember Carl Bradshaw's non-tackle on leeping like a salmon, Shearer?   

On 23/12/2020 at 13:53, iansheff said:

Always laugh when "hard tackling Hunter" is mentioned, I think of that pathetic attempt that cost us the result against Poland in 73!🙄😏

"They think it's all over it is now".....

I can't see Sheffield United staying up this season at all....

Sad very sad indeed....

Another close game where we come away with nothing.  We need a change of luck - a shot deflecting off somebody's backside to give us our first win, then things may turn around.

We're not even half way through the season and people are writing us off. 

COYRAWW!

8 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Another close game where we come away with nothing.  We need a change of luck - a shot deflecting off somebody's backside to give us our first win, then things may turn around.

We're not even half way through the season and people are writing us off. 

COYRAWW!

18 consecutive games without a win is not bad luck.