Sheffield United V Relegation

12 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

18 consecutive games without a win is not bad luck.

Correct....

Brooker11....

Edited by Box11

So relegation it is then....

Sad state of affairs at Sheffield United can't even see them getting more points at this stage at all...

What gets me upset isn't just that we (narrowly) lost another game, it is that the game took place at all! 

According to Sky Sports News, a number of our squad failed Covid tests before the match - which may explain why Jags and Captain Billy (and possibly McBernie) were not at least on the bench.  How come Man City can call a match off because of Covid, and we end up playing.... and with players who were injury or fitness risks before the match playing (presumably because of others being absent)?

6 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

What gets me upset isn't just that we (narrowly) lost another game, it is that the game took place at all! 

According to Sky Sports News, a number of our squad failed Covid tests before the match - which may explain why Jags and Captain Billy (and possibly McBernie) were not at least on the bench.  How come Man City can call a match off because of Covid, and we end up playing.... and with players who were injury or fitness risks before the match playing (presumably because of others being absent)?

It's because club's like Man city have a voice where as smaller club's don't it's disappointing and unfair to say the least Thirsty Relic....

Money talks <removed> walks very unfair indeed....

Edited by nikki-red

5 hours ago, Box11 said:

It's because club's like Man city have a voice where as smaller club's don't it's disappointing and unfair to say the least Thirsty Relic....

Money talks <removed> walks very unfair indeed....

What did the team cost that you put out tonight?

Edited by nikki-red

43 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

What did the team cost that you put out tonight?

Beyond caring !!!! 

39 minutes ago, Kelvin Phlats said:

I read somewhere today that the last time a team went to the New Year without winning a game was 1902. Not sure what leagues that pertained to though.

Could be going to the New York without winning a game.

22 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Narrowly lost 18 out of 20 games that's real bad luck. 🙂

Some stats:

SUFC have the worst start in football league history going back 132 years

SUFC have the lowest points total on Boxing Day ever recorded

SUFC are level with QPR without a win in the first 16 Premier League games

SUFC are the only club in the 92 in the league pyramid who are yet to win a game

Oli Burke has not ended up on the winning side in his first 25 appearances the worst run in Prem history

Not good reading for Blades fans.

19 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Narrowly lost 18 out of 20 games that's real bad luck. 🙂

Some stats:

SUFC have the worst start in football league history going back 132 years

SUFC have the lowest points total on Boxing Day ever recorded

SUFC are level with QPR without a win in the first 16 Premier League games

SUFC are the only club in the 92 in the league pyramid who are yet to win a game

Oli Burke has not ended up on the winning side in his first 25 appearances the worst run in Prem history

Not good reading for Blades fans.

My post was about the game taking place at all - not about our record this season.  Man C, and now Fulham (at 2 hours notice apparently) have cancelled games because of Covid cases in the camp, yet United played on in similar circumstances.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

My post was about the game taking place at all - not about our record this season.  Man C, and now Fulham (at 2 hours notice apparently) have cancelled games because of Covid cases in the camp, yet United played on in similar circumstances.

Did they try for a postponement? Burnley had a hard match on the previous Sunday. Perhaps CW thought it was a good time to play them.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Wilder was quoted as wanting the game to go ahead, I don’t think you’ll see much of Billy Sharp in a United shirt again.

17 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Wilder was quoted as wanting the game to go ahead, I don’t think you’ll see much of Billy Sharp in a United shirt again.

I hope so he's been such a  brilliant talisman for Sheffield United and knows where the back of the net is something they are lacking....