Sheffield United V Relegation

40 minutes ago, Box11 said:

Deserves a chance...

Look football is a business....

#@## it I'm going to say it the job has become too big for CW he is totally out of his depth at this level...

You won't go out of business getting relegated, parachute payments ensure that aswell as being well run. Still think he deserves another go whatever happens, if he can't get you back up after a couple of season then fair enough.

Of course the second half of the season could completely change, it's not like the teams above are out of sight.

4 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

You won't go out of business getting relegated, parachute payments ensure that aswell as being well run. Still think he deserves another go whatever happens, if he can't get you back up after a couple of season then fair enough.

Of course the second half of the season could completely change, it's not like the teams above are out of sight.

I know they won't go out of business if they go down "NERVY-OWL"....

What I mean is if someone is not doing a good job within the business(managing) then they should be replaced period...

Why would anyone want to be relegated oh say nevermind we will be back...

That way of thinking is ludicrous you want to be winner's not losers...

Since I started this thread I have been saying there is something seriously wrong at Sheffield United and there is clearly....

5 hours ago, echo beach said:

If so, what went wrong last season?

echo.

"Echo"

Look last season Sheffield United were fantastic all the players were up for it and thought as one they also had a great goalkeeper (Henderson)....

Things are very different this season for all to see.....

7 hours ago, Box11 said:

I know they won't go out of business if they go down "NERVY-OWL"....

What I mean is if someone is not doing a good job within the business(managing) then they should be replaced period...

Why would anyone want to be relegated oh say nevermind we will be back...

That way of thinking is ludicrous you want to be winner's not losers...

Since I started this thread I have been saying there is something seriously wrong at Sheffield United and there is clearly....

For me the premiership isn't as great as people make out, always said it wouldn't bother me if Wednesday could yo-yo between the prem and championship so being in your position wouldn't be a big issue to me, that's why I'd keep Wilder whatever happens.

I know you don't think you'd go out of business, I just mean it's not the end of the world financially to drop down. I don't think there is anything seriously wrong at United, it's just getting that one win you need. We all know you over achieved last season, I've always said second season can be more difficult once teams know how you play.

Prince says he gives Wilder his full backing even if relegated to the Championship,  that sounds good. How do the fans feel ? He has to back him with quality players,  PL center  forwards cost far more than £20 Million.  Give him the money  and make a fight of it now, if its not too late.

12 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

For me the premiership isn't as great as people make out, always said it wouldn't bother me if Wednesday could yo-yo between the prem and championship so being in your position wouldn't be a big issue to me, that's why I'd keep Wilder whatever happens.

I know you don't think you'd go out of business, I just mean it's not the end of the world financially to drop down. I don't think there is anything seriously wrong at United, it's just getting that one win you need. We all know you over achieved last season, I've always said second season can be more difficult once teams know how you play.

My bold. 

It is however about the money it gets you if you stay there for the long haul.  The money it generates, especially if you're a club like the Blades, allows you to develop the ground & the rest of your facilities & the Blades did have plans to renovate The Lane further. Additionally, don't forget that the Prince was / is relying on the Premiership money to pay off loans, although he has said a few months ago he'd use his own money for such things, if the Blades were relegated but I'm guessing he'd rather use Premiership money?

So while relegation wouldn't be a disaster I'd rather we stayed where we are. 

10 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

Prince says he gives Wilder his full backing even if relegated to the Championship,  that sounds good. How do the fans feel ? He has to back him with quality players,  PL center  forwards cost far more than £20 Million.  Give him the money  and make a fight of it now, if its not too late.

Well this is at least a bit of good news.  The Prince throwing his backing behind Wilder & also presumably, Knill as well?

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well this is at least a bit of good news.  The Prince throwing his backing behind Wilder & also presumably, Knill as well?

Definitely. What would Olly be without Stan?

7 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Definitely. What would Olly be without Stan?

or Brian Clough without Peter Taylor (for those old enough to remember that successful managerial double-act

1 minute ago, Thirsty Relic said:

or Brian Clough without Peter Taylor (for those old enough to remember that successful managerial double-act

Or Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison... until one of them got too big for his boots.

8 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Or Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison... until one of them got too big for his boots.

Malcolm Allison, without who we may well not have won the World Cup

On 14/12/2020 at 07:35, NERVY-OWL said:

If you are a travelling fan, Nervy, it's not great, I have to admit.

We only got to a couple of away games last season, and that was before Covid stopped live attendances.  Teams like Bournemouth only giving away teams 1200 tickets, or thereabouts.  Brighton were the same.  It was great to get  to a few grounds, but not the same as the Championship,  where we would have an overnight in Preston, or Bristol and enjoy a few beers after the game, without having to rush off.

Edit:  Forgot to add, the money is great for the clubs, so from a business perspective, it is good.

Edited by Grappler

On 14/12/2020 at 00:13, Box11 said:

"Echo"

Look last season Sheffield United were fantastic all the players were up for it and thought as one they also had a great goalkeeper (Henderson)....

Things are very different this season for all to see.....

Henderson was vocal and shouted and organised the defence on set pieces etc Teamwork is not working 100% at the minute