The Conservative Party - Part Two.

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

So levelling up isn't going to happen, the solution to social care which was 'ready to go' isn't going to happen... ls there anything Boris promised before the election going to happen, or was it all just lies to get the suckers to vote for him?

Its a given that 'levelling up' is, to all intents and purposes, is impossible. There will always be differences. 

What it also says to Conservative ears is - We are already 'up' and thats not going to be effected.

Edited by Flanker7
clarity

8 hours ago, apelike said:

I notice you say will cause when it's perfectly obvious that any economic hit that may materialise will be because of covid and not brexit.

In your dreams:

"UK will be the worst scarred of any G7 nation, because of Brexit" (OECD on Monday)

Brexit will cost the equivalent of giving the nation a Covid like pandemic every generation.

Edited by Magilla

11 hours ago, El Cid said:

Just like Trump only lasted one term, that will be the same for Johnson. A person can only tell so many lies, untill they get found out.

Its very poor that UK children know that their Prime Minister is a liar, it sets a bad example for everyone.

I agree. Our politicians are supposed to be a good example and be beacons of integrity and honesty - yes really. It's appalling that standards in public life have fallen so much that the above statement now sounds pretty ridiculous. It hasn't always been like this. It's one of the reasons I admired Corbyn. 

As for 'levelling up;' have you been to London and the south east lately? It really is like another country. The whole feel of the place is totally different to 'up north.' If we got just a whiff of that kind of future it would make a huge difference.

Never mind being 'left behind,' at the moment it feels like the North is turning into a third world country, and is pretty much despised and resented as a drag on the economy by wealthy Southerners, most of whom have never been further north than Watford.

Edited by Anna B

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Never mind being 'left behind,' at the moment it feels like the North is turning into a third world country, and is pretty much despised and resented as a drag on the economy by wealthy Southerners, most of whom have never been further north than Watford.

How true.  All the fine words about "levelling up" and "building back better" are just empty rhetoric.  Sadly, thousands are being gulled and falling for it.  How anyone who's got a relative in care, or kids in education can even contemplate voting Tory utterly baffles me.

Aren't they just "levelling up" tory constituencies mainly though? Or did I mis-read that?

1 minute ago, whiteowl said:

Aren't they just "levelling up" tory constituencies mainly though? Or did I mis-read that?

If they are, that's hugely discriminatory. The government is supposed to be in the service of the country as a whole, not just their own clan

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

In your dreams:

"UK will be the worst scarred of any G7 nation, because of Brexit" (OECD on Monday)

Brexit will cost the equivalent of giving the nation a Covid like pandemic every generation.

No not in mine as again it says will and not is. When it is then come back and say I told you so!

From the OECD report:

"The United Kingdom could suffer the biggest reduction among G7 countries (a decline of 0.5 percentage point per annum), in part reflecting the additional adverse supply-side effects from 2021 following Brexit."

So it's now, could and in part as well...

43 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I agree. Our politicians are supposed to be a good example and be beacons of integrity and honesty - yes really. It's appalling that standards in public life have fallen so much that the above statement now sounds pretty ridiculous. It hasn't always been like this. It's one of the reasons I admired Corbyn. 

As for 'levelling up;' have you been to London and the south east lately? It really is like another country. The whole feel of the place is totally different to 'up north.' If we got just a whiff of that kind of future it would make a huge difference.

It's like most Londoners and Southerners in general IMO, most of them think anything North of the Watford Gap's in another world!

5 minutes ago, Mr Allen said:

It's like most Londoners and Southerners in general IMO, most of them think anything North of the Watford Gap's in another world!

(Said partly in jest) Bit like SF really, some posters seem to think anything outside the city limits is another world.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I think there is an element of that thinking - the most extreme form articulated by Kelvin Mackenzie some time ago, who wanted (possibly still wants) a political party representing the South East 

Kelvin MacKenzie scorns the Conservatives in favour of a new party | Media | The Guardian

Not sure whether he was trolling, being serious, or whether anyone should take anything he says seriously anyway.

Edited by Mister M

5 hours ago, apelike said:

No not in mine as again it says will and not is. When it is then come back and say I told you so!

...and when I do, what excuse will you come up with then? :hihi:

I see that Foreign Aid cut you support, but turns out have no idea what it's used for, is back in the news :roll:

20 minutes ago, Magilla said:

...and when I do, what excuse will you come up with then? :hihi:

None as I will probably be dead by then..... :D