The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

It would be good if there was a political party that represented working none public sector employees. One looking at age 55 as being their normal retirement age, the other having to work into their late 60’s, well someone has to pay for the public sector retirees.

The Conservatives have always devided the country, they attack the public sector pensions, yet MPs have the same or better pensions.

If you think working for the public sector is that good, why dont you get a job with them? I work for my local authority and some comparable jobs are minimum wage and some are very well paid if they treat it as a career. I earn around £10 per hour with a 1.5% increase on the way.

Morrisons will become the first UK supermarket to pay at least £10 an hour from April.

It will increase its minimum pay for up to 96,000 workers from £9.20.

Retail trade union Usdaw negotiated the £10 per hour basic rate which is 50p an hour above the voluntary Living Wage Foundation rate.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/job-vacancies

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

The Conservatives have always devided the country, they attack the public sector pensions, yet MPs have the same or better pensions.

If you think working forl the public sector is that good, why dont you get a job with them? I work for my local authority and some comparable jobs are minimum wage and some are very well paid if they treat it as a career. I earn around £10 per hour with a 1.5% increase on the way.

Morrisons will become the first UK supermarket to pay at least £10 an hour from April.

Retail trade union Usdaw negotiated the £10 per hour basic rate which is 50p an hour above the voluntary Living Wage Foundation rate.

I’m 19 years too old to get a public sector position, they don’t employ 74 year olds. 😉

Guest sibon
5 hours ago, crookesey said:

I’m 19 years too old to get a public sector position, they don’t employ 74 year olds. 😉

You’re too old to keep banging on about them too😎

7 hours ago, El Cid said:

If you think working for the public sector is that good, why dont you get a job with them? I work for my local authority and some comparable jobs are minimum wage and some are very well paid if they treat it as a career. I earn around £10 per hour with a 1.5% increase on the way.

Aldi have been paying over £10 for a while for store assistants (after a qualifying period).

https://www.aldirecruitment.co.uk/stores/store-assistant

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

Wouldnt that be age discrimination?

1 hour ago, sibon said:

You’re too old to keep banging on about them too😎

I’m also probably too old to hold any opinion that conflicts with your far left views, this is my final post on this forum, I wish everyone well. 

2 minutes ago, crookesey said:

I’m also probably too old to hold any opinion that conflicts with your far left views, this is my final post on this forum, I wish everyone well. 

Don’t forget to pick your dummy up on the way out.

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Bless.

See you later Crookesey.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/14/tory-mp-told-to-apologise-for-intimidatory-behaviour

1.  Get drunk at work

2.  Behave abusively to colleagues, because you are drunk at work

3.  Get found guilty of bullying and told to apologise

4.  Appeal against the 'sanction' of having to apologise

5.  Lose your appeal and make an apology that must be insincere since you tried to wriggle out of making it

6.  Carry on in your well-paid job

The speaker of the house isnt happy how the tories are treating the houses of parliament regarding announcements to the press before the house

Yet again...think the speaker should get refs cards or dish out detentions or lines

27 minutes ago, butlers said:

Yet again...think the speaker should get refs cards or dish out detentions or lines

And while he's at it, he could remind the gormless buffoon Johnson that the responses he gives at PMQs should bear some relation to the questions he's asked. 

I don't know if that's in his power as Speaker, but if not it should be.

Johnson is a mendacious ****, and much of this, I think, stems back to his time at Eton College; where Johnson's housemaster said of him:

"Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

I like how Forum Tories used to love having a dig at Prescott and his speeches, and how they couldn't understand him; yet are totally silent about Johnson. Probably because Johnson speaks in a plummy accent, and they feel it's not their place to criticise him, but would happily pile into Prescott.

Funniest thing is,  Johnson would laugh at Forum Tories calling them "working class oiks" or somesuch.

Edited by Mister M