General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that this story has been exposed as fake news by pretty much every credible news organisation going, are you not just a tiny bit embarrassed to be the only person left who still believes it?

Another one who didn't fully read the post & has only decided to re-post part of it to take it out of context.  Oh deary, me.  Good try. 

Edited by Baron99

Neither of the main parties has published it’s manifesto yet so it’s only possible  and easier to make up spurious figures about the opposition rather than to state your own plans.

There will be plenty of mud slinging in the days to come because some of it sticks.

At the end of the day our electorate is made up of various factions.There are those who dismiss politics and won’t vote.Those with very fixed allegiances who won’t change .

The targets are the floaters,some of who are open minded and capable of seeing past the fake news and mud slingers,but some who are headline readers only.

I take The Daily Express(I like the crossword) but factual news is a rarity and the contributions from Widdecombe,Forsyth, and the political commentators are so propagandist as to be laughable.

The Daily Mail would be a step too far.

The BBC remains the best platform for fair reporting .

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

Neither of the main parties has published it’s manifesto yet so it’s only possible  and easier to make up spurious figures about the opposition rather than to state your own plans.

There will be plenty of mud slinging in the days to come because some of it sticks.

At the end of the day our electorate is made up of various factions.There are those who dismiss politics and won’t vote.Those with very fixed allegiances who won’t change .

The targets are the floaters,some of who are open minded and capable of seeing past the fake news and mud slingers,but some who are headline readers only.

I take The Daily Express(I like the crossword) but factual news is a rarity and the contributions from Widdecombe,Forsyth, and the political commentators are so propagandist as to be laughable.

The Daily Mail would be a step too far.

The BBC remains the best platform for fair reporting .

I think the Labour party's manifesto is pretty much what it's always been (since Corbyn came to power that is,) he hasn't wavered. 

The Conservatives seem to be making it up as they go along specifically to get elected and don't mean a word of it as people will find out if they are daft enough to fall for it.

Personally I'd like to hear some clear statements of intent from  Boris rather than just personal attacks on Jeremy Corbyn.

12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Another one who didn't fully read the post & has only decided to re-post part of it to take it out of context.  Oh deary, me.  Good try. 

You seem to think that both Jo Swinson and Nick Clegg probably oppose Brexit because they have relatives and acquaintances who have links to the EU.

That just shows that you have the political sophistication of a five year old. 🙄

On 07/11/2019 at 14:42, RiffRaff said:

Just think if the weather on 12 December is anything like today's!

Result aside, I wonder what the day will bring - voter apathy due to the last three year's shenanigans, or perhaps a larger-than-normal turnout?

There are so many variables, almost anything could happen.  .  

On 09/11/2019 at 12:25, Anna B said:

No doubtt because they have been bombarded continuously with negative propaganda about JC 'not being fit to be Prime Minister' etc.

This sort of thing works if you're told it often enough. The power of the press...

Most traditional Labour voters come from the centre left and have seen the party drift away from what they are comfortable with in the main they will not vote for the Conservatives and will probably refrain.

Edited by hobinfoot

The Brexit Party Will not stand against the Conservatives 

it’s just been announced.

Edited by hobinfoot

50 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Good old Nige.     I think he was hoping for more of a sweetener from Boris in return.

Brexit Party will not stand in Tory seats, says Nigel Farage

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50377396

Well seeing as Brexit Party Ltd is currently polling around 9% it's hardly surprising - the Tories have already stolen their clothes.

The BBC have this morning issued an apology for showing footage from 2016 of Boris Johnson laying a wreath at the Cenotaph during which he was neat, tidy and observed protocol. Many have made the link to this apparent error yesterday to his slovenliness and gaffes (laying the wreath upsidedown, getting his timings wrong and his unkempt appareance).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bbc-apologises-after-using-old-footage-of-boris-johnson-at-cenotaph-a4283966.html

Normally the media make a special effort to slam  Labour leader; though Corbyn by comparison was statesmanlike, smart and spoke at length to veterans. - Although the BBC did comment that Corbyn 'bowed his head slightly'.....

I'm glad that the BBC recognised its 'error'.

Edited by Mister M

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The BBC have this morning issued an apology for showing footage from 2016 of Boris Johnson laying a wreath at the Cenotaph during which he was neat, tidy and observed protocol. Many have made the link to this apparent error yesterday to his slovenliness and gaffes (laying the wreath upsidedown, getting his timings wrong and his unkempt appareance).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bbc-apologises-after-using-old-footage-of-boris-johnson-at-cenotaph-a4283966.html

Normally the media make a special effort to slam  Labour leader; though Corbyn by comparison was statesmanlike, smart and spoke at length to veterans. - Although the BBC did comment that Corbyn 'bowed his head slightly'.....

I'm glad that the BBC recognised its 'error'.

I did notice jezza had very smart overcoat rather than his anorak of last year. 

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

The Brexit Party Will not stand against the Conservatives 

it’s just been announced.

So Farage has taken the advice /instructioms from his American friend Donald Trump and made a pact. Nice when Trump can influence our elections like this.

Wonder what Boris has given in return?