General Election 12 December.

nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He doesnt sound like he is of sound mind! 

Let’s not forget that many of these ‘traditional’ Labour figures have spent their entire careers trying to prevent the party becoming a genuine left-wing organisation.

28 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He doesnt sound like he is of sound mind! 

Or he's come to his senses.

9 minutes ago, retep said:

Or he's come to his senses.

More likely a cushy job somewhere, or a seat in the House of Lords.

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

No it wouldn’t. 

The size of any potential Tory majority is dependent upon how many seats they win. It doesn’t matter how the other seats are distributed.

Sorry my mistake, it should have been could and not would. If the Lib Dems gain a seat then that is taken away from the other parties tally of seats and that could be from a currently held Labour seat. In that case Lib Dems would be up one, Labour down one and the Conservatives unchanged.

The Liberal Democrats party no longer belongs to its members.

It belongs to one person (Jo Swinson) who wants to cancel the votes of 17.4 million people and has voted many, many times to reduce the living standards of the poorest people in the UK.

02_election_buses.jpg?w=1920&ssl=1

Lets ensure that the Lib Dem battle bus has just enough fuel for a one way trip to the EU paradise...

Edited by Car Boot

Just think if the weather on 12 December is anything like today's!

Result aside, I wonder what the day will bring - voter apathy due to the last three year's shenanigans, or perhaps a larger-than-normal turnout?

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The Liberal Democrats party no longer belongs to its members.

It belongs to one person (Jo Swinson) who wants to cancel the votes of 17.4 million people and has voted many, many times to reduce the living standards of the poorest people in the UK.

02_election_buses.jpg?w=1920&ssl=1

Lets ensure that the Lib Dem battle bus has just enough fuel for a one way trip to the EU paradise...

You're not going to convince me that Ms Swinson's opinion on remaining in the EU isn't somewhat swayed by the fact that her husband, Duncan Hames is Director of Policy at Transparency International UK, a Berlin based NGO, which has received funding from the EU other organisations such as Siemens. 

It's on a par with Nick Clegg's love for the EU as his wife was a prominent EU lobbyist. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, apelike said:

Sorry my mistake, it should have been could and not would. If the Lib Dems gain a seat then that is taken away from the other parties tally of seats and that could be from a currently held Labour seat. In that case Lib Dems would be up one, Labour down one and the Conservatives unchanged.

And the majority would also be unchanged 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

You're not going to convince me that Ms Swinson's opinion on remaining in the EU isn't somewhat swayed by the fact that her husband, Duncan Hames is Director of Policy at Transparency International UK, a Berlin based NGO, which has received funding from the EU other organisations such as Siemens.

Hook,  line & sinker:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-50160148

5 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

The idiots wanted to have an election in December. To the clueless that thought one day wouldn’t matter to schools, we’ll it seems you were very wrong. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-50331447

I think they’re over egging this a bit. A couple of flakes of snow would have a similar effect. Things can get postponed, cancelled, moved. World won’t end.

But a daft time to have an election though, I would agree.