The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

48 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I wonder how many years it's going to take the likes of Tusk to get over it?  

At a guess I'd say about 5 minutes.

And at the end of their press conference, Mr Varadkar was picked up by the microphones telling Mr Tusk: "They'll give you terrible trouble, the British, for this."

Mr Tusk nodded at the comment and both laughed.

Edited by geared

"Today, there is no political force and no effective leadership for Remain. I say this without satisfaction, but you can't argue with the facts." European Council President Donald Tusk.

Quite correct.

The Remain side has been consigned to the dustbin of history. Its leaders are out of touch £multi-millionaires such as Tony Blair (still claiming his weapons of mass destruction did exist) and the few Remain followers are affluent middle class snobs who hate the working class.

Remain has failed completely and utterly to present a half decent case to stay in the EU, and this is one of the reasons why a No Deal Brexit is now so popular.

Remain was, and is, a shambles.

Edited by Car Boot

Its leaders are out of touch £multi-millionaires

unlike 'leave' how exactly?

To the rest of the world, Britain is now just a fading memory - our trading partners will move past the difficulties caused by our exit, by finding other trading partners. we're not special, we're thoroughly replaceable - unless you want moaning, and demands for special treatment.

we've decided to withdraw from the world, and there's no reason at all for the rest of the world to knock on the door and ask if we're alright..

Edited by ads36

15 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

"Today, there is no political force and no effective leadership for Remain. I say this without satisfaction, but you can't argue with the facts." European Council President Donald Tusk.

Quite correct.

The Remain side has been consigned to the dustbin of history. Its leaders are out of touch £multi-millionaires such as Tony Blair (still claiming his weapons of mass destruction did exist) and the few Remain followers are affluent middle class snobs who hate the working class.

Remain has failed competely and utterly to present a half decent case to stay in the EU, and this is one of the reasons why a No Deal Brexit is now so popular.

Remain was, and is, a shambles.

You're living in a fantasy world.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

I did my best to persuade people & hey, look,  it worked. 

Well done, you've persuaded people to ruin the country, does it make you proud?

On 03/02/2019 at 20:13, Top Cats Hat said:

The majority don't wish to leave.

That is one of the reasons this whole mess is not exactly going smoothly!

Oh I agree it's a mess, but in fairness to the actual vote, more people voted to leave than remain. Whichever way you look at that, that is how it was. If people had wished to make their voices heard, they really should have turned out on that very important day. 

Whichever way is right or wrong, I believe the government should have honoured the results way before now, instead of this inbredic bickering that we are seeing daily in the media.

the only quick way to 'honour the result' would be to leave with no deal, not even a withdrawal agreement.

think about that for a moment.

lots of sales, and goods, and services would be ungoverned - there would be no rules concerning  quality, safety, toxicity, etc. of food, electrical equipment, etc.

anarchy, basically.

it's taken us 2 years of in-fighting to fail to produce a withdrawal agreement, never mind a trade deal.

talking of trade deals, they take even longer, a decade, roughly. so (nearly) 3 years of squabbling is only a taste of things to come, as we try to replace the 40 (50?) trade deals we had with and through the EU.

'no deal' may sound quick, and easy, but it would be a disaster for (our) international trade.

Edited by ads36

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

You're living in a fantasy world.

But for his usual and nonsensical class war guff, actually Car Boot may not be.

Tusk is right, factually and objectively: there is no Remain political force in the UK. I should know, I've been watching for it very closely for over 2 years: it just ain't there, MPs and parties are still husbanding the 2016 Leave vote 2 years on, with 50 days to go.

Tusk's statement today is designed to take the wind completely out of Theresa's Brussels trip tomorrow, at home: the message is "come with a plan, not with more support pleas, or don't bother coming at all" and it signals in the clear, to any Remain political forces in the UK, that their time to act is now or never, because the EU has had enough of the ERG, the DUP and Corbyn's immobilism paralysing the exit process, and now the gloves are off.

Time to **** or get off the pot, people. Sign the withdrawal agreement and get a hard landing, or GTFO without it and get a crash (-landing, maybe). Your call.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

and the few Remain followers are affluent middle class snobs who hate the working class.

Remain has failed competely and utterly to present a half decent case to stay in the EU, and this is one of the reasons why a No Deal Brexit is now so popular.

This part though L00b is complete fantasy and entirely diametrical to reality.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Tusk is right, factually and objectively: there is no Remain political force in the UK. I should know, I've been watching for it very closely for over 2 years: it just ain't there, MPs and parties are still husbanding the 2016 Leave vote 2 years on, with 50 days to go.

The problem is the only person who could really fill that role is Corbyn with Labour, no-one else has the following or the MP's to do it.

Since Corbyn is anti-EU and still doesn't seem to be doing much to engage with the process there is no chance he will suddenly change tack.

Lib Dems are pro-remain, but they've only got a couple of MP's and nobody listens to a word they say.