Sitting in doctors surgeries

A couple of years ago I tried to buy some face masks but I couldn't  get them any where, even Boots told me they didn't  sell them.

2 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I can remember when there were ashtrays in doctor's offices and on the doctor's desk and nobody felt any worse when they left. Our immune systems have been destroyed by too many unnecessary antibiotics and too many preservatives in food. That's my thoughts on the matter. As a kid, I would pick up and smoke tab ends off the street, eat all kinds of unwashed foods from allotments,orchards and farmers fields and was hardly ever sick.

Hmm,  food for thought.

There are a lot of folks out there that don’t cover their mouths after sneezing/coughing, don’t use a tissue to blow their nose and go around sniffing with a dripping runny nose, don’t wash their hands after using the toilet and (worst of all) spit on pavements. All disgusting and germ spreading habits.

On 13/01/2019 at 17:48, Ontarian1981 said:

I can remember when there were ashtrays in doctor's offices and on the doctor's desk and nobody felt any worse when they left. Our immune systems have been destroyed by too many unnecessary antibiotics and too many preservatives in food. That's my thoughts on the matter. As a kid, I would pick up and smoke tab ends off the street, eat all kinds of unwashed foods from allotments, orchards and farmers' fields and was hardly ever sick.

Me too..best answer of all....

On 13/01/2019 at 17:48, Ontarian1981 said:

I can remember when there were ashtrays in doctor's offices and on the doctor's desk and nobody felt any worse when they left. Our immune systems have been destroyed by too many unnecessary antibiotics and too many preservatives in food. That's my thoughts on the matter. As a kid, I would pick up and smoke tab ends off the street, eat all kinds of unwashed foods from allotments, orchards and farmers' fields and was hardly ever sick.

Ok Bear Gryllis.  :hihi:

29 minutes ago, euclid said:

Me too..best answer of all....

No it’s absolute claptrap. 

They seem to be saying that passive smoking isn’t harmful, and preservatives in food lower our immune system.. 

If they have any evidence beyond ‘when I was a boy..’ I suggest they write to the Lancet. 

On 13/01/2019 at 12:33, *Wallace* said:

I’ve always thought the doctors surgery was the best place to catch something you didn’t go in with.

Also, a railway station is good for that.

9 hours ago, Robin-H said:

No it’s absolute claptrap. 

They seem to be saying that passive smoking isn’t harmful, and preservatives in food lower our immune system.. 

If they have any evidence beyond ‘when I was a boy..’ I suggest they write to the Lancet. 

Not quite.

If you are exposed to small amounts of bacteria you can build up an immunity.  This is indisputable medical evidence.  Back in the day kids did get exposed to less healthy conditions and perhaps that was part of it.

I worked in a medical capacity for many years.  When I first started I was ill just about every other week.  Then after a few months I never picked up anything again for years.  

Passive smoking is harmful.  No one is disputing that.  Whether preservatives lower our immune systems I do not know, but I do think that preservatives, antibiotics and other things in the food chain are causing harmful effects.