Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

That sounds like a really honest answer; do you mind me asking how old you are blackydog? Just give us the decade if you're shy.

I'm a 60's child, brought up in a rough area with poor parents.

Interestingly though I have a young son (11) and I have heard him and his mates calling each other "gay". I do of course, tell him not to use that term if I hear him say it.

As an aside, I remember back in my 20s, I worked somewhere that had an outrageously "gay" person who was also extremely strong. He used to pin the young lads up against the wall and make suggestive comments. He got called all sorts of names (behind his back mostly) but not "gay" as I remember. You don't quickly forget things like that. Probably not the best advertisement for "gay" people but it stuck for many years.

It’s a boy, if anyone is interested

Are you sure

Are you sure

No. I’m just making stuff up.:rolleyes:

I would associate the word 'expecting' with being pregnant, that's certainly how I've perceived the word to be used historically. Expecting in the context of 'baby is due', is not, IMHO, the same as expecting a delivery of a package from Amazon. It's the same word, but the context adds crucial meaning.

That said, we live in a society where misappropriation of words is commonplace hip and trendy, and language is constantly evolving. I do think it's a very little bit disrespectful to misappropriate words though, but that's just how people are, I guess.

---------- Post added 30-06-2018 at 17:24 ----------

Source http://www.dictionary.com/browse/expecting?s=t

4: to anticipate the birth of (one's child):

Paul and Sylvia expect their second very soon.

5: be expecting, to be pregnant:

The cat is expecting again.

That said, we live in a society where misappropriation of words is commonplace hip and trendy, and language is constantly evolving. I do think it's a very little bit disrespectful to misappropriate words though, but that's just how people are, I guess.

Universities have been warned of a “creeping segregation” on campus after Sheffield became the first in the country to open student housing where only gay and transgender students are allowed to live.

Perhaps this baby should not be labelled with a gender, at this point.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/06/30/universities-warned-creeping-segregation-sheffield-launches/

I'm pleased for them. Hope all 3 will be very happy.

---------- Post added 30-06-2018 at 17:48 ----------

The outrage as you say is the child when it grows up has a pretty wild story on how he or she was conceived dont you think?? my two dads did what? into what ? together and then impregnated the mother? or did they both bite the bullet and make love to her? confused and repulsed probably.

why not do it quietly and say they are adopting just like any other couple, or a nameless surrogate. No because they are who they are famous and they feel the need to embellish the whole thing "expecting my ****:loopy:

If you're that outraged by the attention, why draw attention to it by creating a new thread? As if I need to ask :roll:

Edited by Mister M

I'm pleased for them. Hope all 3 will be very happy.

I wish them all the best as well.

I would associate the word 'expecting' with being pregnant, that's certainly how I've perceived the word to be used historically. Expecting in the context of 'baby is due', is not, IMHO, the same as expecting a delivery of a package from Amazon. It's the same word, but the context adds crucial meaning.

Welcome to the 21st century fella ;)

The birth of a baby is a very special event - I really wish them all well :)