Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

I

Already stated I am not a scientist. I have no hypothesis. I only stated it is not irrational to consider the possibility you mention.

Clearly.

What is irrational is to make some hypothesis up without first seeing something that gives rise to such a hypothesis. Have you any observations? A falsifiable testable theory of action? Without these it is quite literally just making stuff up to suit a prejudice.

Very unlikely. However it will appear to be a more normal circumstance to that "kid" than it would to conventional parent's "kids".

It is normal

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:23 ----------

I never said anything about training.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:13 ----------

Already stated I am not a scientist. I have no hypothesis. I only stated it is not irrational to consider the possibility you mention.

Then using diving in your argument was a bad idea. You train to do that. Daley might also like model railways, decoupage, karate, scrabble or deep sea fishing. He could encourage his child to like those things, but the chances of him training his kid to be gay are remote. You can’t be taught to be gay.

It is normal

Have to disagree with you there. Normal is the situation where a child would be born naturally to a women after sexual activity with a man. This is how it works for thousands of different animal species.

In the case of two homosexual or lesbian parents that scenario would never arise without 3rd party intervention.

But lets not forget my gripe here. i am NOT attacking same sex parents even though, as I said I am uncomfortable with it. My argument is with the wording of the news article. A man will not ever expect to have a baby, however it is likely his female partner will.

76 is a relatively small sample. The scientists may have had an agenda. I remain open minded on this subject.[

76 studies is a small number. Okay, that's not open minded, you're being ridiculous. You appear to be the opposite of open minded, just dismissing strong evidence against your 'hypothesis' in favour of, well, nothing, no evidence to support it.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:43 ----------

76 studies have considered it and found it to be untrue.

So to continue to give it equal weight with the idea that gay parents don't create gay children is irrational.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:44 ----------

Have to disagree with you there. Normal is the situation where a child would be born naturally to a women after sexual activity with a man. This is how it works for thousands of different animal species.

In the case of two homosexual or lesbian parents that scenario would never arise without 3rd party intervention.

But lets not forget my gripe here. i am NOT attacking same sex parents even though, as I said I am uncomfortable with it. My argument is with the wording of the news article. A man will not ever expect to have a baby, however it is likely his female partner will.

I'm expecting the postman this morning.

QED your argument is based on a misunderstanding of what the word expecting means.

76 studies is a small number. Okay, that's not open minded, you're being ridiculous. You appear to be the opposite of open minded, just dismissing strong evidence against your 'hypothesis' in favour of, well, nothing, no evidence to support it.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:43 ----------

76 studies have considered it and found it to be untrue.

So to continue to give it equal weight with the idea that gay parents don't create gay children is irrational.

---------- Post added 20-02-2018 at 11:44 ----------

I'm expecting the postman this morning.

QED your argument is based on a misunderstanding of what the word expecting means.

Nonsense and you know it. It is the context in which it is used and has been for donkey's years.

You can’t be taught to be gay.

Hmm, careful. The reverse *might* be true, but you need to be careful with that particular claim without some pretty good backup.

Which you might have of course, do you?

Hmm, careful. The reverse *might* be true, but you need to be careful with that particular claim without some pretty good backup.

Which you might have of course, do you?

We are still waiting for you to prove the positive....

So you think a gay parent will actively train their kid to be gay. Is that really true?

Even if they did is that an issue? Straight people tend to bring up their kids with an expectation they will be straight, in fact so does society in general.

Is there an issue with people being gay? Because unless you want to argue that viewpoint then bringing your kids up to be gay cannot be an issue either...

More likely - but if you're attempting to suggest that gay parents = more gay children science says you're wrong.

I'm not disputing the validity of your quote as you have not provided any proof to back it up but consider this. If one of the parents who is "gay" provides an egg or sperm and it is part of that persons biological make up, that made them "gay" in the first place, wouldn't that suggest the child WOULD have a higher percentage of also being "gay" than a child where neither of the parents have that biological make up?

We are still waiting for you to prove the positive....

No you aren't because I never said it was. I don't even have to check. Do keep up old boy. Less of the projection please. :)

Do YOU think people can be "taught to be gay"?

I'm not disputing the validity of your quote as you have not provided any proof to back it up but consider this. If one of the parents who is "gay" provides an egg or sperm and it is part of that persons biological make up, that made them "gay" in the first place, wouldn't that suggest the child WOULD have a higher percentage of also being "gay" than a child where neither of the parents have that biological make up?

It was much easier in the old days, when people of the opposite sex got together and made babies, only afterwards telling people that they were gay/lesbian. How that works, I haven't a clue.

Even if they did is that an issue? Straight people tend to bring up their kids with an expectation they will be straight, in fact so does society in general.

Is there an issue with people being gay? Because unless you want to argue that viewpoint then bringing your kids up to be gay cannot be an issue either...

Good question kate. I wouldn't say an "issue" but for people like myself and I suspect many others on here, who have been around a good few years, it was not something that was generally admitted to let alone promoted. I admit it's strange to get my head around the acceptability of being openly "gay" nowadays.