Police clampdown on inconsiderate parking

Hopefully this will cover vehicles parked blocking cycle lanes putting cyclists at risk.

It seems to be becoming a bit of an issue in some areas now where parked cars are blocking bus routes or leaving the road too narrow for fire engines to get through along with cars parked on junctions

I have seen cars parked on corners repeatedly in Walkley, meaning cars pulling out of junctions cannot see if anything is coming. Not sure its illegal, but I believe the highway code specifies you should not park within X yards of a junction for this reason.

revenue raising operation.

Let's see if it becomes a permanent thing. If it doesn't then I'm right.

Who do you think gets the revenue?

And why do you think it being only temporary will prove your opinion?

I await the inevitable “ Havnt they got nothing better to do? Shouldn’t they be out catching rapists and murderers ? It’s all revenue raising ” Et al.

They would make a fortune in fines on Longley.

Wonder if they will target Wolseley Rd . it would be like shooting fish in a barrel for them on there.

I await the inevitable “ Havnt they got nothing better to do? Shouldn’t they be out catching rapists and murderers ? It’s all revenue raising ” Et al.

if people parked properly then they would have more time to catch rapists and murderers

It's the Darnall community policing team. So I'm guessing that they will be focussed entirely on Darnall.

They quite often block me in! and it isnt anyone in particular, the school is just up the road and the parents park wherever they can, there is building work going off around the corner too and vans are currently taking over our road..

It's not always bad, just having a whinge :)

There you go, tarquin time. They should REALLY clamp down on the downright DANGEROUS parking outside and around schools

From the Highway Code:

"The nearest you can park to a junction is 10 metres (or 32 feet).

This is to allow drivers emerging from, or turning into, the junction a clear view of the road they are joining. It also allows them to see hazards such as pedestrians or cyclists at the junction."

http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/answers/what-is-the-nearest-you-can-park-to-a-junction

They should target cars parked fully on pavements ,they are for pedestrians not cars and when they drive along the pavement its unsafe.

grass verges too.. one at the bottom of my road has been completely churned up by vans & cars parking on it...

however, on the next road along, the council has put up signs to stop pavement/verge parking....

Edited by dars35