Police clampdown on inconsiderate parking

Where i work i see several vehicles during the day that park in front of driveways,on the pavements,in front of somebodys garage,on yellows and what i noticed was that they were all carers that were doing it.Do carers have the right to do this,they do it all the time on my mum and dads road.

No, Carers certainly don't have the right to park across an entrance to a driveway - unless it's the drive belonging to the house which they're visiting. Carers are bound by exactly the same rules as everybody else. I used to have an issue with Carers regularly blocking my driveway when visiting a house 4 doors up the street (despite the availability of ample parking a little further up or down the road); polite requests for them to move because I needed to go out were usually met with an extremely rude refusal & a response that I'd just have to wait until they'd finished - frequently meaning a wait for me of over 30 minutes.

After putting up with this for about 18 months - & having to get a taxi to a job interview on one occasion because a Carer had blocked my drive & refused to move - I ran out of patience & rang the Council (who manage the contract with the Care Agencies) - to their credit, they very quickly sorted the situation out once & for all.

I have occasionally had ambulances blocking my drive - but that emergency situation's very different of course so when this has happened & I've needed to go out I've always politely waited until the ambulance has gone.

Edited by GleadlessLad

Have they changed the law on parking on zig zag lines at zebra crossing?

It used to be a fine and three points. Now not only does everyone do it, but you see cop cars driving past them and taking no notice!

Apparently you can park any where you like if you have your hazard lights on.Particulsrly as you call by for a doner kebab.

Who do you think gets the revenue?

And why do you think it being only temporary will prove your opinion?

Sorry I missed this.

Right. So initially the fines go to a government 'consolidated' fund which then the government gives back to the forces to fund the very operations that create the original revenue.

More fines = more money that doesn't come from the normal policing budgets.

As forces are cash-strapped because normal funding isn't in their words adequate then they focus on these revenue generating operations.

As for the temporary nature. When the operation is conceived there is a revenue target to be achieved. Once it's achieved then the operation closes to avoid spending more than is necessary.

Mobile scameras are also just about revenue, just to catch the odd speeder. If there was a consistent issue then a permanent camera would be used.