The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

If you carefully read my post you will understand that only 32 per cent of people in Barnsley were FRIGHTENED into voting Remain in the EU referendum.

People I have spoken to in Barnsley who voted Remain did so to avoid the terrible consequences of economic collapse, mass unemployment and another world war, which were threatened would definitely happen by the supporters of Brussels if we didn't vote how we were instructed to.

Cut out the hype.

In more measured tones we believed,and I still do that remaining within the EU :

a) gives the UK economy more opportunities than will become available under a hard Brexit.

b) That the birth of the EU created a politically stable and peaceful Europe.

Nobody in the U.K. general population were instructed to vote either way,unless you have a domineering partner.

Cutting and running will prove to be a mistake ,and it is becoming increasingly apparent that the outcome will be nothing like what the Brexiteers thought they were voting for.

It’s going to be the fudgiest fudge that was ever cooked up.

Cut out the hype.

In more measured tones we believed,and I still do that remaining within the EU :

a) gives the UK economy more opportunities than will become available under a hard Brexit.

b) That the birth of the EU created a politically stable and peaceful Europe.

Nobody in the U.K. general population were instructed to vote either way,unless you have a domineering partner.

Cutting and running will prove to be a mistake ,and it is becoming increasingly apparent that the outcome will be nothing like what the Brexiteers thought they were voting for.

It’s going to be the fudgiest fudge that was ever cooked up.

But there is an upside and a massive one at that for me in particular and in just one word, inflation.

I want inflation to rise in fact the higher the better. We are getting a 3.7% rise this year which is inflation busting considering it is now at 2.5%. However, we have a deal where our pay rises for the next three years will be based on RPI. So if it gets stupid and hits 4%, my pay will rise by as much. Here is the kicker though, the majority of everyone else will be worse off because pay rises won’t be anywhere near as high in general. So our earnings will just outstrip the norm. Bring it on.

Here is the kicker though, the majority of everyone else will be worse off because pay rises won’t be anywhere near as high in general. So our earnings will just outstrip the norm. Bring it on.

Below inflation rises will hurt everyone.

If people are getting poorer, their will be no real growth, no house price inflation.

Below inflation rises will hurt everyone.

If people are getting poorer, their will be no real growth, no house price inflation.

But that is good for people like me with higher than inflation or at least the same as inflation pay increases. So there is more spending ability for me to increase my property portfolio for my future retirement.

More Brexit Good News

Unemployment has fallen to 4.3 per cent in the three months to February 2018. This is the lowest level since 1975 and HALF the 8.5 per cent unemployment rate in the Eurozone.

The number of people in work rose to 32.25 million - an increase of 402,000 on February 2017.

And overall an increase of 505,000 in employment since June 2016.

500,000 people were supposed to lose their jobs after the June 2016 referendum delivered a peoples vote, instead of a bankers vote, as predicted by Project Fear. The economy was also supposed to crash and hundreds of thousands of UK jobs to have been lost. It was this completely false, alarmist campaigning by Remainers loyal to Brussels that terrified so many people into voting Remain.

Edited by Car Boot

More Brexit Good News

Unemployment has fallen to 4.3 per cent in the three months to February 2018. This is the lowest level since 1975 and HALF the 8.5 per cent unemployment rate in the Eurozone.

The number of people in work rose to 32.25 million - an increase of 402,000 on February 2017.

And overall an increase of 505,000 in employment since June 2016.

500,000 people were supposed to lose their jobs after the June 2016 referendum delivered a peoples vote, instead of a bankers vote, as predicted by Project Fear. The economy was also supposed to crash and hundreds of thousands of UK jobs to have been lost. It was this completely false, alarmist campaigning by Remainers loyal to Brussels that terrified so many people into voting Remain.

This day to day good news /bad news is pretty meaningless from either side ,particularly as Brexit is yet to happen and much negotiation is yet to be started.

If things are not as bad as the most pessimistic crystal ball gazing,perhaps it’s because it is becoming increasingly apparent that a hard Brexit is fast disappearing into the sunset.

I have no script,no Ivory tower,no millions in the bank and no intransigent political leanings.

(More centre left than anywhere to the right)

I do have the capacity to read between the lines of sensationalist news reporting and still feel that it is the anti EU brigade that have been led up the garden path with the future post Brexit.

It’s going to be nothing like what was touted by Farage,and Farage knows that.

Unfortunately some of his supporters cannot yet absorb that.