The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

There are obviously a lot of knowlegeable people constantly replying to this thread about brexit, people who seem to think they have the answer to everything.

Most of them, I presume, are doing it on their work computers, going round and round in circles to make sure that their views are seen and proved to be right.

The posts go on throughout the day, when presumably they should be working.

Is this why the UK's productivity is not as high as other countries? Because people spend time on self aggrandisement rather than work?

Now Corbyn calls for A50 extension.

They are working on this together? Convergence on SM and CU access. Convergence on deadline extensions. Not much to pick and choose between the Labour and Tory flavours of Brexit. Remember Corbyn has been over in Brussels a fair bit. SNP in on the game too - if NI gets SM and CU access then Scotland does as well.

It’s good to see in some ways. A soft Brexit for the national good.

No you can't - I just couldn't be bothered with the rest. This provides a reasonable summary of what I think of the UK's missed opportunities to rebuild after WW2.

How odd, because I agree with you about poor post war investment in the UK. Maybe you heard what you wanted instead of reading what I wrote.

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 08:26 ----------

Ah, I can now look forward to the lightbulb moment when her followers and other assorted pro-Brexiters finally realise (because people other than Remoaners finally tell them on the TV or in the Express) that such an extension is not for the UK to have, but only to ask, and for any one of the EU27 to deny. What was [whoever] saying about Leo in Dub', again? ;)

It's been a long time coming, and not for want of explaining it to them since before March 2017.

And after the jingoistic ra-ra-ra'ing crap from Boris, Davis and other assorted clowns à la JRM since June 2016, better make sure that cap is squeaky clean and that stomach well empty. A lot of doffing and humble pie eating likely to be required, there :lol:

There is no lightbulb moment. Being out is the point. assorted pro-Brexiters finally realise (because people other than Remainers finally tell them on the TV or in the Guardian) that the EU has embarked on a toxic undemocratic federalist path that can not be reformed or reversed despite various efforts to do so. For me (and I may not be typical of Leave voters) it is not a route that I believe to be good for people and it's time to walk away and be on the outside.

One that realisation comes, all arguments heard for staying in are evidence of Stockholm Syndrome at work. Protestations and predictions just add to the evidence.

"How many fingers am I holding up Winston?"

Edited by ENG601PM

There is no lightbulb moment. Being out is the point. assorted pro-Brexiters finally realise (because people other than Remainers finally tell them on the TV or in the Guardian) that the EU has embarked on a toxic undemocratic federalist path that can not be reformed or reversed despite various efforts to do so. For me (and I may not be typical of Leave voters) it is not a route that I believe to be good for people and it's time to walk away and be on the outside.

One that realisation comes, all arguments heard for staying in are evidence of Stockholm Syndrome at work. Protestations and predictions just add to the evidence.

In answer to your strong suggestion in the above, that I may somehow be arguing for the UK to stay in...perhaps you can point me to the post where I have argued for the UK to stay in?

Although I may not be typical of Remoaners myself, I thought I'd long been fairly explicit: I want the UK to get out. Either without any deal, or with a deal that amounts to the UK's continuing membership of the EU in all but name.

Just so we're clear, here...(and, as you can clearly see, as far from any 'Stockholm Syndrome' as you can get).

Long-term, and to kill the arguments once and for all a no deal hard Brexit is the only solution.

It’s the only way the hard Brexiter billionaires are going to lose the support of their foot soldiers.

The leaders of this want nothing less than economic chaos as a vehicle for creating vast personal profit. Their arguments are badged up as a collection of dog whistles that have been peeped so much and so often they have a few million brainwashed lapdogs who refuse to see any economic angle to the argument.

Only a hard Brexit is going to create the conditions for them to realise their mistake. As much as I want a soft Brexit, it is going to cause the whole thing to fester on.

Something decisive needs to happen.

Long-term, and to kill the arguments once and for all a no deal hard Brexit is the only solution.

It’s the only way the hard Brexiter billionaires are going to lose the support of their foot soldiers.

The leaders of this want nothing less than economic chaos as a vehicle for creating vast personal profit. Their arguments are badged up as a collection of dog whistles that have been peeped so much and so often they have a few million brainwashed lapdogs who refuse to see any economic angle to the argument.

Only a hard Brexit is going to create the conditions for them to realise their mistake. As much as I want a soft Brexit, it is going to cause the whole thing to fester on.

Something decisive needs to happen.

Ah, you have special knowledge.

And you still don't know what a dog whistle is.