The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

You need to wake up and realise that neither "we" nor the EU trade with anyone. Businesses trade.

Business will continue to trade and the trade patterns simply cannot be untied and that is why the EU and the UK will reach a mutually beneficial post Brexit arrangement because the EU27 do not want to materially affect their national economies.

Quit with the Brussels ideology induced Stockholm Syndrome and get with the realpolitik.

Yes, businesses trade, that is why they will be furious to see a tariff slapped on to their transnational supply-lines within the EU, lines that they've relied upon for years and that are now being mullah'd by the British government in a process that nobody can make heads or tails out of.

No we trade at the moment with individual member states who are forced to have a common set of rules under the EU treaty. The EU itself produces nothing tangible except MEP's and organisations which employ staff to run them.

Exactly, therein lies the problem and one of the reasons the EU will not last.

Of course they cant influence the rules as they have already been laid down and is part of that condition of joining states they have to be accepted. However they will not be our set of rules if we say no deal and go down the WTO path.

I am well awake and hope that we do what the referendum result promised and that is for the UK to leave the EU.

This is great,let's just imagine away the EU,pretend it doesn't exist..........I mean,who is this Barnier guy that keeps popping up,who put him there and who does he represent?..............David Davies is negotiating with somebody who might as well be representing the magical Kingdom Of Narnia.:hihi:

I am well awake and hope that we do what the referendum result promised and that is for the UK to leave the EU.

You're well into the territory of cutting off your nose to spite your face aren't you.

It's irrelevant to you how damaging leaving the EU will be to the economy, the country and our futures, you've got such a propaganda driven, biased, mislead view of what the EU is that you think we should leave irrespective of how stupid that is.

How simplistic can you get.

International trade is enabled by agreements between countries or blocs of countries and has been for many a decade.

So the U.K.business community can go it alone or be part of a trading bloc.

I have had a “proper gander” at the propaganda and believe that U.K. isolation will be detrimental to our future well being.

The survey of small and medium businesses has added their weight together with the large employers,that leaving the single market and customs union will harm their growth and profitability.

No choose implies there are alternatives, can they join without making that choice?

They can choose not to join. Did we join at the point of a gun?

Are you about to start droning on about soverignty and taking it back? Never never lost the choice because we could always choose to leave - and sadly we did.

Banging on about being "forced" is a simply out and out lie as well you know. It's as much of a lie as 350m on the side of a bus was a lie.

It's irrelevant to you how damaging leaving the EU will be to the economy, the country and our futures, you've got such a propaganda driven, biased, mislead view of what the EU is that you think we should leave irrespective of how stupid that is.

I like the other voters who voted leave were in the majority, so yes I expect us to leave and prefer a so called "hard Brexit." What damage that may cause is unknown as we have not yet left. I suspect a bit of collateral damage but we will recover as we have in the past. I have already explained here that I did not read any propaganda from either side and was not biased or mislead by it and came to my own conclusions. Any stupidity should be aimed at those who decided to hold the referendum in the first place and at the MP's who passed the act without question.

Get with it, leave were in the majority. Despite the attempts by the remainers to discredit voters, calling them elderly poorly educated, racist and xenophobic I expect that decision to be carried out.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 13:46 ----------

They could choose not to join.

In a roundabout way you seem to be invoking the thoroughly debunked sovereignty argument.

But if they chose not to join there would be no argument to consider.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 13:48 ----------

Banging on about being "forced" is a simply out and out lie as well you know. It's as much of a lie as 350m on the side of a bus was a lie.

Maybe forced was a bit strong and bribed would have been better.:)

Edited by apelike

Surely Britain's Trump card in the end is the "City". In or out of the EU, it will remain the global hub for trading and currency clearing.

And our biggest risk is that the 'City' will not function quite so well outside of the EU.