Its the labour party for me.

I'm not having a pop..just wondering why he didn't accept he was wealthy? Or does he really think he isn't?Would it knock his man of the people image?..again, just a question

I think if he ever said he was wealthy he'd know it would get spun and twisted and used against him like so much is. As I say, the only thing I've seen about it is that news report and he was never asked if he views himself as wealthy and to be fair in the article he appears to be making a point more about people being 'posh' and it was extremely badly worded by him using wealthy to mean that.

Although if Corbyn really doesn't feel wealthy rather than just a poor interview, then that would be odd. He is from a fairly wealthy background and while that shouldn't be used against him for what he believes and stands for, it would indeed be strange for him to not think that growing up in a country manor was something only the wealthy can do.

See I don't defend him all the time ;)

However, my points about relative wealth stand.

I have had to think very hard( for the first time ever ) on who to vote for in the coming election.

The problem being that I am not very endeared to Jermy Corbyn as the Labour leader .

However this dilemma has now been solved by todays news that he if elected will renationalise the railways , the royal mail and energy industries this taking away from the robbing quangos that with .M.P's backing stole the public services in the first place.

Let us hope that this is followed by our re owner ship of the Steel and haulage industries so as once again our Country can be run for the common good of all the citizens and not just the CHOSEN few.

Out of interest, who had you voted for previously?

Well they would say that, wouldn't they? More media negativity for Corbyn. What's new?

This is the Mirror,not the Mail or Telegraph or Express....have you read the report? Are you saying he didn't say what's reported? Do you think he's wealthy?

i'll be voting for the new labour party next election that will be formed after the old labour party are slaughtered at the polls

It's inevitable, just who will take over is anyone question. One thing appears to be certain, an energetic and passionate candidate has the ability to invigorate the electorate and could easily swing it for Labour come 2022.

Chuka Umunna could well be this person.

From a post on Facebook

That. All of that. As I've said, I really do like Corbyn, I just don't think I can vote for him this time around. I have days when I think he's hopeless as a leader, and then I read that and realise he's not hopeless at all it's just our perception of what a politician should be is so messed up that because we have a normal guy being a normal person so believe he's crap. It's our system that's crap not Corbyn.

Trouble is, will their be a next time? People like Corbyn are very rare, especially in politics. If he doesn't win this election he will be ousted by the party. I see this as a one off chance that won't come along again.

I think if he ever said he was wealthy he'd know it would get spun and twisted and used against him like so much is. As I say, the only thing I've seen about it is that news report and he was never asked if he views himself as wealthy and to be fair in the article he appears to be making a point more about people being 'posh' and it was extremely badly worded by him using wealthy to mean that.

Although if Corbyn really doesn't feel wealthy rather than just a poor interview, then that would be odd. He is from a fairly wealthy background and while that shouldn't be used against him for what he believes and stands for, it would indeed be strange for him to not think that growing up in a country manor was something only the wealthy can do.

See I don't defend him all the time ;)

However, my points about relative wealth stand.

But he isn't seeing it. He's chasing the wealthy, the top 5% but he can't connect the dots and work out he's in that category.

This is the Mirror,not the Mail or Telegraph or Express....have you read the report? Are you saying he didn't say what's reported? Do you think he's wealthy?

I have read the report, but more importantly I saw the interview. He was pressed and pressed again on what was a minor point, while the big stuff was ignored. It's once again made a mountain out of an unimportant molehill. He said he was well paid for the job he does.

He lives a modest, relatively frugal life. He doesn't spend lavishly, he gives it away. What's the problem?