Its the labour party for me.

What on earth are you on about?

I was correcting a mistake by sgtkate. That is all. Jeez!

Seconded, he was correcting my misunderstanding which I've acknowledged as a load of drivel being posted by me. Let's drop the charity stuff as no one knows what he did or didn't give.

On the point about Corbyn wanting to be more wealthy or not. I'd say he probably does want to have access to more money, but that would be so he can distributed in a way he views as more fair. Not everyone is motivated by personal wealth, Corbyn clearly isn't (to most people anyway), but he is motivated by distributing other people's wealth more fairly. Whether that is something you agree with or not will clearly govern your views about Corbyn. As that long facebook post stated, if and when Corbyn stands down as leader of Labour he'll just go back to being a local MP doing local MP stuff supporting local people and his party (whilst likely voting against them again! :hihi:). He won't be an after dinner speaker unless it's for a charity, he won't become an investment banker, he won't earn millions through dodgy connections from an illegal war (which was Labours making, but not his). He will just go back to being Jeremy Corbyn.

And that redacted tax return? :suspect:

Seriously though if you do, then I have nothing but respect for you, and that's genuine. I give what I thought was a decent amount of charity but it's nowhere near a fifth when I think about, doubtful it's even a tenth if I'm honest. I do a lot of fundraising and events for charity but I can't use that to offset!

Which as noted above wouldn't go any way to prove or disprove it :)

If you ever get to dig through and advise tax on the truly wealthy you'd be surprised as to how much they do give to charity, and how rather secretive they are about it...

Wealthy or not, Jeremy Corbyn was one of the few MPs that did not fiddle his expenses, unlike most other MPs. There's nothing worse than greedy rich people (and Cameron is the true definition of rich) who are never rich enough and resort to theft to to make themselves even richer.

No, he's just not good at doing his taxes on time.

Jeremy Corbyn was fined £100 for filing his tax return late

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/11/jeremy-corbyn-was-fined-100-for-filing-his-tax-return-late-5809569/

Which as noted above wouldn't go any way to prove or disprove it :)

If you ever get to dig through and advise tax on the truly wealthy you'd be surprised as to how much they do give to charity, and how rather secretive they are about it...

I'm sure some do give plenty to charity, and while that's great that they do, ultimately the country needs tax revenues. Charities are often glamorous and whilst they do excellent work and as my Dad said to me they are like a voluntary tax they do not cover the basics of running a country. They don't cover pensions, welfare payments, road maintenance, admin costs, civil servants salaries and so on. So while anyone who gives ANYTHING to charity should get credit for it, it's important that people don't think that giving to charity somehow excuses them from paying the taxes that they are due.

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 09:57 ----------

No, he's just not good at doing his taxes on time.

Jeremy Corbyn was fined £100 for filing his tax return late

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/11/jeremy-corbyn-was-fined-100-for-filing-his-tax-return-late-5809569/

See? Exactly why I'm so fickle about Corbyn. On one hand I love his 'normal guy' personality but on the other if he can't get his tax returns in on time then you have to wonder about his suitable for the PM post.

What on earth are you on about?

I was correcting a mistake by sgtkate. That is all. Jeez!

There been a fair number of posts relating to JC's income and what he might or might not have spent it on with an awful lot of detail. It was getting a bit dull. I think we can conclude that JC earns well above the average income and so is wealthy - even if he does give it all to charity. He is still wealthy but chooses to give his wealth to charity - which I get the impression is not true anyway.

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 11:35 ----------

I'm sure some do give plenty to charity, and while that's great that they do, ultimately the country needs tax revenues. Charities are often glamorous and whilst they do excellent work and as my Dad said to me they are like a voluntary tax they do not cover the basics of running a country. They don't cover pensions, welfare payments, road maintenance, admin costs, civil servants salaries and so on. So while anyone who gives ANYTHING to charity should get credit for it, it's important that people don't think that giving to charity somehow excuses them from paying the taxes that they are due.

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 09:57 ----------

See? Exactly why I'm so fickle about Corbyn. On one hand I love his 'normal guy' personality but on the other if he can't get his tax returns in on time then you have to wonder about his suitable for the PM post.

Thats a rather dubious reason to dismiss someone outright. He probably doesn't do his tax return anyway - he'll have an accountant.

There been a fair number of posts relating to JC's income and what he might or might not have spent it on with an awful lot of detail. It was getting a bit dull. I think we can conclude that JC earns well above the average income and so is wealthy - even if he does give it all to charity. He is still wealthy but chooses to give his wealth to charity - which I get the impression is not true anyway.

He doesn't class himself as wealthy...

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 11:35 ----------

Thats a rather dubious reason to dismiss someone outright. He probably doesn't do his tax return anyway - he'll have an accountant.

I did say fickle. That's just one example of where he does something seemingly so simple so badly!