Moorside anyone watch it?

yes even though this story was real the tv producers should have put more into this as we the viewers only watched what they wanted us to see and hear and this should have been word for word in this real life program but as i said before the mathews family were not involved in anyway for the making of this program and i feel something like this they should have got longer than 8 years in prison more like 25 years and no if's and buts that simple.

Noticed Bill Maynard played a small part in this, did anyone notice him?

Another excellent episode,would have been so easy to portray Karen as the evil villain and leave it at that as I am sure Hollywood would have done.

However this went deeper looking into what made her tick and what was going through her head.

I still don't understand how she could do that to their own child though.

Also gave what I suspect is a fairly accurate account of the good and bad points of living on an estate like that.

Noticed Bill Maynard played a small part in this, did anyone notice him?

I didn't see him can you remember which bit he was

I thought it was really good the actors were great a looked just like the real life

I thought it was really good the actors were great a looked just like the real life

He played Cecil, he was only in 1 episode.

Edited by nikki-red

I thought the program was very good, the acting was first class. Found it a bit weird when Karen was sat eating Monster Munch crisps. Thought they may have done a bit more with Craig but as already been said it was brushed away quickly in the program. 9/10 for the series.

Toward the end of last nights showing, he is called Cecil and is in a mobility wheelchair. Im not sure if he as acted since having a stroke? Las time I seen him was on Heartbeat.

I thought it was a great piece of television.

I have known people like Karen Matthews. They are so fundamentally thick you forget how intensely devious, manipulative and calculating they are.

Just because someone is really really thick in some aspects, doesn't mean they aren't clever enough to pull the wool over peoples' eyes in other aspects.

I thought it tried to present a fairly balanced picture of what happened. I thought Sheridan Smith's character's speech from the witness box at the end said a great deal. I wondered if this was taken verbatim from the court reports, or if it was the writer's summing up of events

Excellent acting, but hard to watch....

I agree Anna, it was hard to watch. As three of the children already lived with their various fathers, I wondered how the rest of the chaotic household had avoided involvement with social services.

I also thought about Shannon and her siblings. I can't help wondering what their lives have been like since their mother was found guilty. I hope they've all been well cared for.

Dean Andrews cast as a bobby again...do you thinks he's the beeb's "Go To" for these roles? :)