Would you photograph an illegally parked car for £10?

Would you photograph an illegally parked car for £10  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would you photograph an illegally parked car for £10

• Yes give me the cash.
    • No let them do their own dirty work.

Just read an article where a firm UK Car Park Management, have an app for people to download to take photographs of illegally parked cars and send it to them. This is in car parks they control and not on public roads.The sender will then receive £10 for each picture when the fine is sent out to the owner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sneaky-phone-app-pays-10-9747652

No I wouldn't even bat eye lid

Just read an article where a firm UK Car Park Management, have an app for people to download to take photographs of illegally parked cars and send it to them. This is in car parks they control and not on public roads.The sender will then receive £10 for each picture when the fine is sent out to the owner.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sneaky-phone-app-pays-10-9747652

Nothing worse than a grass.

You seem to think you've scored a point and won somehow...

Errrm nope, just pointing out the link in the opening post is rather sensationalist.

You can spoof GPS data though can't you??

Correct, I have had to do that when using a betting app abroad as it only works when your location is in the UK.

id send the photo in for it being parked on double yellow lines, the reason id be more likely to do it is if I was stuck behind it on a narrow one way street with no way to get past which has happened to me before.

They are talking about private parking. Not council responsibility.

I don't think overstaying is at issue as with one random photo it's difficult to prove, it's most likely an accusation for "trespassing".

But that gets back to what I wrote earlier in that a company would need to prove exactly who was trespassing. Having a photo of a car and tracing ownership is not enough for any prosecution to succeed.

There is one big flaw in all of this, the photo will be of the car. If the owner is traced they may not have been the person who was driving the vehicle at the time. As this is a private enterprise the owner cannot be forced to disclose who was in charge of the vehicle at the time. Because of that it will not be possible to bring a successful prosecution and may also possibly be classed a harassment.

Its the same situation as parking on private land as any ticket received is non enforceable.

Luckily for us our PM, when Home Secretary, changed that:

Her Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 enabled private parking firms to launch civil cases against a registered keeper via the County Courts in England - even if they could not prove who was driving a vehicle.

Plus, it's not an app that anyone can use:

Any old joe public can’t use this app. You have to be the freeholder or an agent on behalf of the freeholder.
Edited by max

well if was for the council and some idiot left their van on double yellows blocking the road for half an hour then yes. in a private car park no.

What if that vehicle belonged to the council or indeed the parking wardens.

Oh wait a minute they are just doing their job aren't they .

Just the same as builders , plumbers, delivery drivers, home helps, and so on but all these get tickets on a daily basis.

---------- Post added 05-02-2017 at 13:00 ----------

In one instance that we know about a bloke who owns a large shop on Infirmary road parks his sports car in the one hour stay bay all day .

We got a ticket for over staying and when we pointed this out to the two women wardens they replied that they know he does but can't do any thing with him .

Double standards are rife in Sheffield council parking department.