Inconsiderate idiots setting fireworks off

I don't think we should ban them, I just think it would be better and safer for every one if we only had displays at certain events. What people would usually pay for fireworks would more and likely be more the entry fee, there for, people would save money, the streets would be safer (in my opinion) and, it would stop the less mature people buying fireworks they are not capable of handling.

Last night there were lots going off about 11pm no idea if it was a display near Crystal Peaks, seemed to go on for ages.

I don't think we should ban them, I just think it would be better and safer for every one if we only had displays at certain events. What people would usually pay for fireworks would more and likely be more the entry fee, there for, people would save money, the streets would be safer (in my opinion) and, it would stop the less mature people buying fireworks they are not capable of handling.

Would they? How many people are killed or injured because of fireworks - I don't know but I'm not sure it's that many. The only injury I've seen was at an organised display!

Maybe a limit of the sort of fireworks sold?

The ban it brigade is at it already,when i was young like many more we use to do the same thing set fireworks off early that's why people use to go out with a guyfawks to collect money for fireworks Something don't see to often today

The ban it brigade is at it already,when i was young like many more we use to do the same thing set fireworks off early that's why people use to go out with a guyfawks to collect money for fireworks Something don't see to often today

Cmon Ray we had bangers and sparklers.

Not excorcet missiles! :hihi:

What happened to those boxes you could buy for home use?

Can you still buy normal ones or are they all bigger?

I'd rather have my own thanks, I don't really like the 'public'... And the beer is cheaper at my display.

Ban them, they are a nuisance and total waste of time and money.

Totally agree ... I'm astonished that they are still on sale with the terrorism issue in the country at the moment.

They ought to be only on sale to licensed venues, not to the general public

All part of the "ban it" calls for any and every activity that someone doesn't enjoy themselves.

Ban football, I don't like it, it causes violence, traffic congestion, illegal parking problems and so on. Bet you're not so keen on that idea Starlc?

Ban cyclists on the roads too as they are a danger to themselves and everybody on the road !;)

---------- Post added 22-10-2016 at 19:42 ----------

All part of the "ban it" calls for any and every activity that someone doesn't enjoy themselves.

Ban football, I don't like it, it causes violence, traffic congestion, illegal parking problems and so on. Bet you're not so keen on that idea Starlc?

Totally agree ... I'm astonished that they are still on sale with the terrorism issue in the country at the moment.

Totally agree !

Guest makapaka

What have fireworks got to do with terrorism?

What have fireworks got to do with terrorism?

That they cannot afford the proper gear so use fireworks instead ?

Edited by Starlc

they should only be sold to people who can prove they are going to used responsibly.

they should only be sold to people who can prove they are going to used responsibly.

how can they prove this ?