Inconsiderate idiots setting fireworks off

we did check out the idea of a professional firework display with SCC and other groups

and including police and the fire service its thought to be the safest way,also many over the counter fireworks need a distance far bigger than the size of most gardens to be safe,thats how we based our conclusion that a pyrotechnic display was the best for all concerned and offer it free for everyone,but we also acknowledge that this idea doesn't suit everyones wishs,but please note we hope everyone who wants to enjoy a bonfire night does there best to prevent injurys.

I believe that every adult purchasing fireworks must have a licence to do so.

To obtain a licence there should be a basic health and safety input and for public displays a more involved input.

This would then prevent fireworks being sold to the unlicenced and more specifically, children thus preventing the anti social and dangerous behaviour that we see each year.

You believe that every adult "should" I assume. Because clearly they don't at the moment.

To address the "more specifically children", why not just require proof of age to sell them, much simpler.

Guest makapaka
I believe that every adult purchasing fireworks must have a licence to do so.

To obtain a licence there should be a basic health and safety input and for public displays a more involved input.

This would then prevent fireworks being sold to the unlicenced and more specifically, children thus preventing the anti social and dangerous behaviour that we see each year.

I would rather the authorities concentrated on more important things than fireworks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-37778076

An 83-year-old man was injured when a firework was put through the letterbox of a house in Sheffield.

The pensioner suffered a head injury in the incident at the property on Stovin Gardens, in Darnall, at about 15:20 BST.

Several years ago, someone tried to do this to our old home....they should be banned for the general public and only be allowed at organised, licenced, events.

Guest makapaka

An 83-year-old man was injured when a firework was put through the letterbox of a house in Sheffield.

The pensioner suffered a head injury in the incident at the property on Stovin Gardens, in Darnall, at about 15:20 BST.

Several years ago, someone tried to do this to our old home....they should be banned for the general public and only be allowed at organised, licenced, events.

No - they should find who did it and prosecute them. Unless we're gonna ban knives cos people get stabbed.

I think back to when i was a kid and the fireworks my mates and i set off

without disregard for anyone else: I can't really comment, kids do what kids do.

And no-doubt as they get older they will think what a waste of money they are as i now do.

I think back to when i was a kid and the fireworks my mates and i set off

without disregard for anyone else: I can't really comment, kids do what kids do.

And no-doubt as they get older they will think what a waste of money they are as i now do.

Mr Gobby - kids have always set fireworks off and always will but there's a big difference between childish pranks and putting fireworks through a letterbox. No matter what the age of the occupants of the property this could easily result in fatalities and whoever responsible should be prosecuted.

You believe that every adult "should" I assume. Because clearly they don't at the moment.

To address the "more specifically children", why not just require proof of age to sell them, much simpler.

I said 'must' not should.

Which renders your 'belief" incorrect and your post to be pointless.

Okay, well then you're wrong, because that isn't the case. :thumbsup:

No - they should find who did it and prosecute them. Unless we're gonna ban knives cos people get stabbed.

Do we have to wait until someone is killed?

With regard to knives:-

"Your rights and the law.

Selling, buying and carrying knives. The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and an unlimited fine. You'll get a prison sentence if you're convicted of carrying a knife more than once."

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives