Inconsiderate idiots setting fireworks off

When we were kids, a very long time ago. We made a guy, begged for pennies, bought a few fireworks, scrounged some wood, made a fire in one of our gardens, let off the fireworks - not much adult input, probably they had taught us enough not to be blooming stupid. Nobody died. Fun was had.

Good grief, fireworks will be let off as soon as they go on sale. Always was the case. When you could buy 20 dozen bangers for a £1 they were going off all the time leading up to bonfire night. In keyholes and entries, under dust bin lids, up fall pipes and in outside WCs.

What a time we had. :)

Interesting tweet from SYP this evening:

We know fireworks can be seen as a nuisance to some, but please note they can legally be let off between 7am & 11pm tonight. #DarkNights

My poor little doggie is beside herself. The crazy little weirdo loves them and everytime one goes off, she's running in circles by the door so we can go out and watch them. She is so disappointed when there is just one bang and she misses it though.

Sadly for the majority who use them safely think its time to ban them outside public events.

Have seen to many idiots setting them of in dangerous places in recent years.

Fortunately the majority who do use them safely don't agree with you.

---------- Post added 23-10-2016 at 09:18 ----------

Totally agree ... I'm astonished that they are still on sale with the terrorism issue in the country at the moment.

They ought to be only on sale to licensed venues, not to the general public

What have you been smoking?

I have heard of a few people getting injured in the news etc, not to mention the ones about animals being hurt .

Yes, beer may be cheaper at your own display, but why not have a gathering, maybe at a pub/park where you can bring your own booze?

Fire works these days are terrible,nowt to them all over in seconds,now i don't mind fire works,but air bombs they are nasty,why have them? all they do is scare the **** out of ya and animals!

our advice as tenants associations is look in the news and go as a family to a organised bonfire,ours in s8 and many more are free and good value for money and no mess and don't upset the neighbours and a much lower chance of injury,we believe all fireworks should be at organised events,have fun look up your areas local one now and go and enjoy.

I'll be setting off some of my own fireworks on the 5th, I believe that adults should be free to act on their own cognizance within the law.

---------- Post added 26-10-2016 at 09:06 ----------

Yes, beer may be cheaper at your own display, but why not have a gathering, maybe at a pub/park where you can bring your own booze?

At a guess I'd suggest that setting off fireworks in the local park is more dangerous than doing it on my private property. And drinking there might well be illegal, and when the 10 minutes of fireworks is over it's a much longer walk back to the dining room. :huh:

Fire works these days are terrible,nowt to them all over in seconds,now i don't mind fire works,but air bombs they are nasty,why have them? all they do is scare the **** out of ya and animals!

Why indeed. There are plenty of spectacular fireworks about that are just visual without the banging..