Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

2 hours ago, kidley said:

I dont think begging as such is the problem, its some people in society that want more than they are entitled to, mostly to feed an habit?

I feel more sorry for the dogs they have sitting beside them. I do hope the RSPCA check them regularly. 

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, kidley said:

just for the record, i am old enough to be well aware of what was going on in the sixties  i was right in the thick of it. it was the best time in my life without a doubt, and there is nothing wrong with my memory. 

I’m sure it was and I’m pleased for you. 

The 90s were the best time of my life and there’s nothing wrong with my memory.

no point pretending everything was better than it is now tho - that will just make you view the current world in a much poorer light.

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, pattricia said:

I feel more sorry for the dogs they have sitting beside them. I do hope the RSPCA check them regularly. 

This is where we’ve got to - people worrying more about a dog sat next to a human - completely bats.

Edited by makapaka

Guest makapaka
48 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

The dog doesn't have choice. Nobody in this country needs to beg on the street.

It’s a dog - it’s only there cos some poor sod has to beg on the street. 

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, pattricia said:

Look, there is always going to be : FOR and AGAINST beggars. The conclusion seems to be thus

1.  Its a growing problem that is getting worse.

2. Not all beggars are genuine.

1. It’s not growing - it’s existed forever.

2. True.  And no one is going to defend someone pretending to elicit money.

15 hours ago, makapaka said:

Ahh the good old 60s...

people living in slums, Vietnam War, Cuban Missile Crisis.  What’s not to like.

Woodstock? A half a million young people at a concert,no guns no knives, not even  cops, lot's of  great music and dope smoking,but that's becoming legal in a lot of the Americas now.

13 hours ago, kidley said:

In another 60 years the houses what we are living in now will be slums, plus, the  Vietnam War and Cuban Missile Crisis, we was not directly involved with, not like the wars that our men have died in the last 10-15 years. and still fighting,

anyone that was a teenager in the 60s has had AND still having the best time in history to be alive, not like the poor sods know.

I loved the 60's and so  does everyone I know who was a young'un in those days. I was only a teen for half that decade( 21 in 1966) and was married in 1967, but still had fun all that decade.

Edited by Ontarian1981