EU Voting Purely About Migrants?

**Just as a sub-note for anyone who has been following this riveting discussion, from this October, the £20,800 pay rate will only apply to anyone under 26. New or existing employees 26 or over on a Tier 2 General Visa will have to be paid a minimum of £25,000 and then from next April £30,000. There are also some roles classed as "skills shortage" that are on a pre-defined list that have a different minimum wage but IT is not one of them. Also from next April, companies will be allowed to transfer individuals inter-company after 12 months without the need to reapply for a new visa but the minimum salary will be £41,500 to allow this to happen. They can still apply for a transfer if they have less than 12 months service but the minimum salary will be £30,000 (increasing to £41,500 after 12 months - in other words employers cannot transfer them after 364 days in the hope to get away with paying less!).

Also from next April, employers will have to pay £1,000 per employee per year (£364 per employee for small businesses) for each employee that are on such a visa.

This is going to be interesting, as it will cause the supply of applicants to dry up. I predict longer recruitment cycles as we struggle to find UK/EU people who actually want to do the job. For all the talk about people wanting work, they don't want or can't do the sort of junior roles we offer. The higher the salary and the more experienced the job, the easier it is for us to fill. If it gets really difficult, we'll probably bin the ideas of junior roles altogether, we shall see.

We have indeed been riveting :)

To control immigration we need to sort of the traitors in the EU and the ones in our government.

One step at a time. Get rid of EU first.

I'm guessing you mean "sort out", and I'm also curious about who you see as "the traitors", and why; and how you think they should be sorted.

Edited by horribleblob

Without doubt immigration is the driving force behind my voting out, followed closely by complete disgust as to how the UK government views its British population.

Migrants and personal greed are (to me) what has reduced this country of ours to a beggars paradise.

Along with parasitic culture of recruitment agencies. British people today are damn near worthless. Businesses no longer want to invest keep their workforce, favouring instead of using the zero hours, hire & fire, is it any wonder British people are completely fed up.

It's pretty plain to see how the UK quality of life has depleted a

over the past decade. Ever increasing house prices, ever increasing utility bills, job insecurity.....

I just want out!!

Yet I'm one of the very lucky ones, bought my house before the boom, paid it off a few years ago (still in my 40's!) received free education.

Why the hell is it that I could have all this, yet the poor sods who were born after me now should face a lifetime of debt and job insecurity....why?? Because of sheer downright greed from both vain narcissistic politicians to seemingly normal people who wish to give the illusion they have wealth regardless of the fact almost everything they have is either on credit or owned by the banks!

The British nation now has gone to the dogs, those in their 20's and 30's see no real prospects, no real possibility to start a family (because of the sheer cost of living)

A disgrace, lets wipe the slate clean and start again.

Without doubt immigration is the driving force behind my voting out, followed closely by complete disgust as to how the UK government views its British population.

Migrants and personal greed are (to me) what has reduced this country of ours to a beggars paradise.

I agree. I hope you didnt miss the debate on BBC1 last night. When the leave side was asked if they planned to "reduce immigration" they didnt give an answer, and just talked about "being in control".

They have said before, that they want to increase immigration, from outside of the EU, it seems they think this referendum is about something other than immigration.

Along with parasitic culture of recruitment agencies. British people today are damn near worthless. Businesses no longer want to invest keep their workforce, favouring instead of using the zero hours, hire & fire, is it any wonder British people are completely fed up.

over the past decade. Ever increasing house prices, ever increasing utility bills, job insecurity.....

I just want out!!

Yet I'm one of the very lucky ones, bought my house before the boom, paid it off a few years ago (still in my 40's!) received free education.

Why the hell is it that I could have all this, yet the poor sods who were born after me now should face a lifetime of debt and job insecurity....why?? Because of sheer downright greed from both vain narcissistic politicians to seemingly normal people who wish to give the illusion they have wealth regardless of the fact almost everything they have is either on credit or owned by the banks!

The British nation now has gone to the dogs, those in their 20's and 30's see no real prospects, no real possibility to start a family (because of the sheer cost of living)

And yet the government hasn't controlled immigration from outside the EU. What makes you think it will control immigration from inside the EU when it can't control from outside?

I just want out!!

You're staggeringly naive if you think leaving the EU will put all of that lot right.

You're staggeringly naive if you think leaving the EU will put all of that lot right.

Correct, but at present our governments hands are tied by EU constraints.

Everyone simply passes the book!

People need to stand up and be counted.

If we start at the top and systematically progress down.

Otherwise, I feel as though Britain will lose its identity over the coming decades and worse it's respect.....if it still has any left!

I agree the remain campaign has been lying. They should have come out, openly, defending migration as the means with which the country's economy has been growing. There is a very simple rule to economic growth: either you produce more or you extract more. As the oil-industry in the UK is flat on its backside, it must be that the UK produces more. To produce more, in most cases, you need a bigger workforce. It is as simple as that.

It's not useful to produce more. It's only useful to produce more/capita.

Growth in this area, can be produced by various means. To name a few:

Technological progress

Better management

Better training

Reducing regulatory compliance costs

If vote leave wins, the Tories will have a lot of things to do, before 2020, if they want to be reelected.

It's not useful to produce more. It's only useful to produce more/capita.

Growth in this area, can be produced by various means. To name a few:

Technological progress

Better management

Better training

Reducing regulatory compliance costs

You are still missing the point that the UK economy has to grow at a certain clip to avoid even more cuts.

If vote leave wins, the Tories will have a lot of things to do, before 2020, if they want to be reelected.

They promised to reduce immigration in 2012, failed miserably but in 2015 the electorate decided that punishing the poor and increased austerity was more important.

You are still missing the point that the UK economy has to grow at a certain clip to avoid even more cuts.

That depends on your definition of "cuts".

2 quarters of barely negative growth is not going to have a significant effect on public spending.

Even if this prediction of a pathetic excuse for recession were correct, making a decision about the next few decades based on what might go slightly wrong in the next year would be absolute madness.