Deja Vu Another Tony Martin Case.

In August 1999 a farmer shoot dead an intruder who was breaking into the home of Tony Martin  in the early hours of the morning.  Martin's home had been repeatedly broke into over the previous months  which had been reported to the Police. Martin believed he had the right to protect himself and his property but was sent to prison for murder and procession of a illegal firearm his case sparked the debate on how far someone can legally protect their home. 

Today another farmer at Whaley Bridge , Derbyshire has been arrested for murder of a 19 year old who was breaking into a farm house and attempted murder of another man. The farmer used a gun . 

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this case and opens the debate on self defence and fire arms again like in Martin's case.

11 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

In August 1999 a farmer shoot dead an intruder who was breaking into the home of Tony Martin  in the early hours of the morning.  Martin's home had been repeatedly broke into over the previous months  which had been reported to the Police. Martin believed he had the right to protect himself and his property but was sent to prison for murder and procession of a illegal firearm his case sparked the debate on how far someone can legally protect their home. 

Today another farmer at Whaley Bridge , Derbyshire has been arrested for murder of a 19 year old who was breaking into a farm house and attempted murder of another man. The farmer used a gun . 

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this case and opens the debate on self defence and fire arms again like in Martin's case.

Should get a medal  . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So should he . 

Someone I knew and I think maybe you did was eating fish and chips when someone attacked him, he fought back and the robber started to run off so he chased him and stabbed him in the back of the neck a few times with the plastic chip fork......He got 4 years because the robber was running away.....The robber didn't even get charged.

3 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Someone I knew and I think maybe you did was eating fish and chips when someone attacked him, he fought back and the robber started to run off so he chased him and stabbed him in the back of the neck a few times with the plastic chip fork......He got 4 years because the robber was running away.....The robber didn't even get charged.

Give us a clue .