Deja Vu Another Tony Martin Case.

Just now, hackey lad said:

Never heard that story but to be fair I didn't know him but I know of him  😀 I know Shaun and Wayne  well . 

That was his version of it but others said the same.

The question is why does the law protect the intruder? 

Does this mean if someone can break into your home you defend yourself and hurt the intruder it's you that will be facing the music should you stand there and take it instead ?

It's human nature to defend yourself and property I know in certain American States you can legally defend yourself and use a gun provided you can show you were defending yourself. 

25 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

The question is why does the law protect the intruder? 

Does this mean if someone can break into your home you defend yourself and hurt the intruder it's you that will be facing the music should you stand there and take it instead ?

It's human nature to defend yourself and property I know in certain American States you can legally defend yourself and use a gun provided you can show you were defending yourself. 

I'm not a fan of violence however if someone broke into our home with the intention of doing us harm I'd have no problem loading up my crossbow. 

35 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I'm not a fan of violence however if someone broke into our home with the intention of doing us harm I'd have no problem loading up my crossbow. 

Which would be self defence if you or family were being threatened,

Very different to the Martin case as you pointed out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

You would if you were drunk . 

On 02/05/2024 at 21:50, The_DADDY said:

Tony Martins problem is he shot the lad in the back.

Yes to slow him down not kill him !

No sympathy for anyone getting hurt if they break into another person's home.

If someone broke into my home I would grab my baseball bat and give it the missus, tell her to go and investigate whilst I hid in the wardrobe.

• Haha 1