EU Voting Purely About Migrants?

The other point Anna, people keep saying we could always have another referendum on the eu. In all honesty do you think we will ever get another vote, I will not see another and I am only 52, this is my one and only chance. The eu is a bloated self serving gravy train. Even the kinnocks, those great supporters of the downtrodden have a pension of £250k a year from being eu commissioners, so I am out because the eu does not represent me or mine. I am out to give my sons the chance of a job, a house, things I took for granted that are being taken away from the youth of Europe.

The youth of this country favour remain. It's been documented. Not all, but most. What makes your sons different from the majority do you think Panzer1?

The other point Anna, people keep saying we could always have another referendum on the eu. In all honesty do you think we will ever get another vote, I will not see another and I am only 52, this is my one and only chance. The eu is a bloated self serving gravy train. Even the kinnocks, those great supporters of the downtrodden have a pension of £250k a year from being eu commissioners, so I am out because the eu does not represent me or mine. I am out to give my sons the chance of a job, a house, things I took for granted that are being taken away from the youth of Europe.

That's true.

I really want that general election. I think most people have had a glimpse of what a devious, useless little sh** David Cameron really is. If he'd told the truth at the last election, (he knew for certain he had no chance of reducing immigration while we were in the EU, even as he was promising it,) I doubt he would have been elected. I like Jeremy Corbyn. I like what he stands for I like the way he does things. He is a new type of politician, but is the world ready for him? He does come across badly in the media and the media is poisonous towards him. Can he withstand that, and get by merely by word of mouth?

Edited by Anna B

things I took for granted that are being taken away from the youth of Europe.

According to the "leave" supporters all the youth of europe are here stealing our jobs..

I can only tell you that the two that are old enough to vote are voting out. Maybe because despite having 22 o levels and 15 A levels between them they are in jobs paying less than £8 an hour, still living at home, I had my first house/ mortgage at 19, so who knows why my sons are different.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 16:30 ----------

Corbyn stands a chance with the likes of giselda on his side, she has lifted the profile of labour beyond its usual dogma. A very clever lady and people will remember her, he would do well to give her a lead roll.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 16:31 ----------

Truman maybe that's why my sons are on less than 8 quid an hour

Edited by panzer1

I can only tell you that the two that are old enough to vote are voting out. Maybe because despite having 22 o levels and 15 A levels between them they are in jobs paying less than £8 an hour, still living at home, I had my first house/ mortgage at 19, so who knows why my sons are different.

Corbyn stands a chance with the likes of giselda on his side, she has lifted the profile of labour beyond its usual dogma. A very clever lady and people will remember her, he would do well to give her a lead roll.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 16:31 ----------

You are 52? How old are your kids? O-Levels were disbanded a long time ago. I did GCSEs and I'm 31.

15 A Levels is also impossible. Very, very bright kids might do 5. Not 7 or 8.

They were o levels when I did them. One of my lads is very clever, the other not so, why is 15 A levels between them impossible?, they have the documentation to prove it. One even did two years at uni before discovering beer and women which was his undoing.

---------- Post added 22-06-2016 at 16:40 ----------

By the way one was 23 in May and one is 22 in four weeks, the other lad is 16 and just left school so awaiting results but hopes to do well

They were o levels when I did them. One of my lads is very clever, the other not so, why is 15 A levels between them impossible?, they have the documentation to prove it. One even did two years at uni before discovering beer and women which was his undoing.

Two sons, 15 A Levels. Impossible. I knew some very clever kids at college who only did four. They went to Oxbridge.

You are surely confusing GCSEs and A Levels.

Best of luck to your youngest. He and all other 16 year olds should have been allowed to vote tomorrow.

Edited by Totinglee

Hard to say without knowing their age/ qualifications and the jobs they're going for

Ok, so... I have come to realize that the referendum vote is actually a vote weather we want to be 'The UK' or weather we want to be the 'United States of Europe'

ALL the information I have read from both sides, by both parties, and independent information, research and studies, simply say that no one is sure what will happen on either side of the argument...

There are good and bad points for both, most studies are based on projections, estimations and averages, which is useless imho.

I honestly think that we'll -eventually- be fine which ever way the vote goes, it's just the journey to that point that will be different.

You are 52? How old are your kids? O-Levels were disbanded a long time ago. I did GCSEs and I'm 31.

15 A Levels is also impossible. Very, very bright kids might do 5. Not 7 or 8.

The guy is making it up as he goes along. He will put 4 PhD each soon

Ok, so... I have come to realize that the referendum vote is actually a vote weather we want to be 'The UK' or weather we want to be the 'United States of Europe'

That's absolutely what it's about.

ALL the information I have read from both sides, by both parties, and independent information, research and studies, simply say that no one is sure what will happen on either side of the argument...

Quite so.

I agree, I like her very much as well, but again she is no tub thumper, just very calm, knowledgable, and full of common sense. It was Cameron's determined rhetoric, his ability to sell a line and repeat it ad infinitum in every situation, that got him elected. What he says doesn't matter, how he says it, does. This seems to play out as a 'leadership' quality in the minds of the electorate, and people have come to expect it.