Who has the best radio voice

alchresearch

We call him Tony Blackbum. Sadly we won't hear on on POTP for a while. What did you think to Mark Goodier as stand in?

Thought Mark did a great job, he also has one of the best radio voices on the wireless along with Russell Davies

Another vote for Wogan.

Honourable mentions to Jonathan Agnew and Alan Bennett.

Are any of them on the list?

---------- Post added 03-03-2016 at 23:25 ----------

Of that lot, Charlotte Green, closely followed by Corrie Corfield.

From the blokes, Blowers (LOL at Alan Green and Chris Moyles being included in the list; I'd nominate their voices as 'most likely to empty a room'). If you could vote for those gone before, it would be the much missed Peter Donaldson without a doubt, with Brian Perkins a very close second.

See, I'd like to agree and violently disagree with you.

Brian Perkins was magnificent. I'd forgotten about him until I read your post, now I have his voice echoing round my head.

Blowers, on the other hand is the epitome of all that is wrong with the BBC, he got his job way back, through the old boys network. I listen to TMS a lot, I turn it off when Blowers comes on. He is far too plummy and is incapable of describing what he can see. Both of those things make him a lousy commentator. His voice is bloody irritating too.

Five live has Caroline Barker who's good but in the mornings they have Rachel Burden can't tell a word she says half the time, terrible, worst voice on radio, and all they have to do is repeat themselves every 15 minutes!. Shelagh fogarty has a good voice but has disappeared so BBC radio has become like it's TV brother all PC

I really like listening to Rachel Burden's voice, it's perfectly modulated - to my ears, soft dulcet tones springs to mind, unlike some of the other female voices which sound too loud first thing in the morning.