Private Hire Taxis showing mobility badge

What if it was a relative or spouse of the taxi driver? - their partner (or whoever it is) can claim a badge, and it can be used in any car that they are driven in...

Most of my family is blind or partially sighted, and several have blue badges, but only a a handful of us have access to a car, those that do have blue badges, and they aren't always the same car (depends who is available and when :) )

Cheers Ghozer for that,I understand what you are saying. But I really didn`t have the time to go through all the different permutations yesterday ,and I daresay that there are many others that I did not consider also.

I know a gentleman who has worked hard all is life , owns a nice car and has a blue badge because of his health problems. One day he received abuse from a stranger in a carpark simple because that person wrongly assumed the car he had parked in the disabled bay was given to him courtesy of the mobility scheme .

To hold a Blue badge you do not have to be in receipt of 'High rate disability allowance'

This is correct. I'm entitled to a blue badge based on my level of vision impairment. However, I receive no benefits at all.

As has been pointed out, a blue badge holder can use their badge in a vehicle in which they are a passenger.

Cheers tigger for that .But all things being considered rightly or wrongly I have made a comment.What is easy to notice that having made a comment,further contributions as usual embark upon stating the hypothetical alternatives , then being rude as well as twisting comments to portray something else thus it ends in some sort of verbal battle.

The possibilities that have been made seem more than viable and may well be possibly correct.

The points that I made were ,taxi portraying Blue badge whilst parked in a disabled area and usage of an example for Badge qualification and it just didn`t ring true .I didn`t second guess that the basic response would be telling me I was wrong,read again , hypothetical situations ,twisting words and then finally recommending a hospital appointment for my gut and head.

My life experiences make me feel that I am more right than wrong.

This is correct. I'm entitled to a blue badge based on my level of vision impairment. However, I receive no benefits at all.

As has been pointed out, a blue badge holder can use their badge in a vehicle in which they are a passenger.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I used to work with somebody who had a Blue Badge, he worked full time and was genuinely entitled to it.

The possibilities that have been made seem more than viable and may well be possibly correct.

The points that I made were ,taxi portraying Blue badge whilst parked in a disabled area and usage of an example for Badge qualification and it just didn`t ring true .I didn`t second guess that the basic response would be telling me I was wrong,read again , hypothetical situations ,twisting words and then finally recommending a hospital appointment for my gut and head.

My life experiences make me feel that I am more right than wrong.

But if the taxi drivers passenger had a blue badge then he/she is allowed to park there.

I think the point here is that if the (taxi) driver was merely driving a patient, rather than actually being a patient, s/he could have dropped off and then parked anywhere in the car park. Rather than taking up a specific disabled space, which is designed for wheelchair access, and proximity to entrances, thus disadvantaging a genuinely disabled person?

I think the point here is that if the (taxi) driver was merely driving a patient, rather than actually being a patient, s/he could have dropped off and then parked anywhere in the car park. Rather than taking up a specific disabled space, which is designed for wheelchair access, and proximity to entrances, thus disadvantaging a genuinely disabled person?

no, the disabled spaces are there for ALL disabled, not just those with wheel chairs..

what about the blind who cannot navigate out of a car park, or over a road and find the correct entrance etc, the disabled spaces are virtually next to the entrance.

There's also those who are elderly and have low mobility, and may only be able to walk 20 yards...

or those with other disabilities, like Multiple Sclerosis which greatly affects mobility etc...

or those with anxiety, dropping in a car park, or further away, could trigger a panic attack as they may not know where to go etc..

'Disabled' doesn't just mean those in a wheel chair..