Private Hire Taxis showing mobility badge

no, the disabled spaces are there for ALL disabled, not just those with wheel chairs..

what about the blind who cannot navigate out of a car park, or over a road and find the correct entrance etc, the disabled spaces are virtually next to the entrance.

There's also those who are elderly and have low mobility, and may only be able to walk 20 yards...

or those with other disabilities, like Multiple Sclerosis which greatly affects mobility etc...

or those with anxiety, dropping in a car park, or further away, could trigger a panic attack as they may not know where to go etc..

'Disabled' doesn't just mean those in a wheel chair..

But the patient was presumably being driven, which is why I said he could have dropped the patient at the door and gone and parked up, which is what people without disabled badges have to do, even if they're taking someone with a broken leg and crutches. So presuming this person was blind, they certainly wouldn't be the driver, and they could just wait in the entrance. The disabled spaces are wider to accommodate door opening and wheelchairs. A blind person doesn't need that facility so could park in any spot and use the badge.

But sorry taken this off topic now, didn't realise there would be anyone taking issue with a commonsense approach.

Sorry Kate.Never mentioned anything to do with child abuse just the bad press in Rotherham.

... which was about what?

You even added that odd post about drivers picking up children with special needs.

Alternatively consider that Private Hire taxis are used to transport children with special needs etc.

What were you implying then, pray tell? :rolleyes:

-

Sorry I did not spell it out,but maintain that kids are driven in taxis.Now I for one would not be happy if a child of mine was being driven by a disabled taxi driver not fully knowing the extent of disability.But that is just my prference thats all.P.S I think my mind generally is OK ,no mental health issues here thank goodness

Isn't this nosy again? :hihi: Has your wife read this thread, and seen how bizarrely you are talking about disabled people? You do know it's quite a broad term?

If your wife was eligible to taxi drive, and passed all the entrance requirements, how would you feel if someone wouldn't allow their children in her taxi unless she divulged her personal medical history?

Oh Hummmm,so sad to see a bitter taxi driver standing for his taxi brothers ,and another forummer ( which is not unusual) twisting words to make another understanding.I suppose that is what SF is all about.

aw boohoo. No one has twisted anything. If anything, this is part of what SF is about, people posting nonsense and never admitting that they were wrong.

The possibilities that have been made seem more than viable and may well be possibly correct.

The points that I made were ,taxi portraying Blue badge whilst parked in a disabled area and usage of an example for Badge qualification and it just didn`t ring true .I didn`t second guess that the basic response would be telling me I was wrong,read again , hypothetical situations ,twisting words and then finally recommending a hospital appointment for my gut and head.

My life experiences make me feel that I am more right than wrong.

My comment about the gut was quite obviously a joke, to which you responded with a similar joking response, so I don't know why you are whining.

My life experiences make me feel that I am more right than wrong.

Fine, (:huh:) perhaps you are sometimes right, but in this case, you weren't, and it was pointed out after 2 posts ;)

Merry Christmas :)

But the patient was presumably being driven, which is why I said he could have dropped the patient at the door and gone and parked up, which is what people without disabled badges have to do, even if they're taking someone with a broken leg and crutches. So presuming this person was blind, they certainly wouldn't be the driver, and they could just wait in the entrance. The disabled spaces are wider to accommodate door opening and wheelchairs. A blind person doesn't need that facility so could park in any spot and use the badge.

But sorry taken this off topic now, didn't realise there would be anyone taking issue with a commonsense approach.

How do you know they weren't doing just that? they may have only been in the spot for 2 or 3 minutes, but just happened to be at the moment the OP saw it...

I think the point here is that if the (taxi) driver was merely driving a patient, rather than actually being a patient, s/he could have dropped off and then parked anywhere in the car park. Rather than taking up a specific disabled space, which is designed for wheelchair access, and proximity to entrances, thus disadvantaging a genuinely disabled person?

They almost certainly weren't dropping someone off as a taxi customer. Why would they park there unless they had other business with the hospital AND have a blue badge? Don't forget, most drivers use their taxis as their 'normal' cars.

newcomer01 said that it was there a while... (here)

I also found it strange that the car was in that area for the entire visiting time.

-

What is most likely is a taxi driver with a blue badge / relative with one, was visiting someone.

Ghostrider, can you not just tell us that it was you visiting someone in your mate's taxi and we can put this thread to rest :):hihi:

One thing nobody has mentioned is that the cameras would have seen the taxi and so would the parking people,at the ngh it would have had a ticket on it if illegally parked but it would appear that it was all above board in this case.Misuse of the blue badge means you lose it,so people are careful not to do so.

They almost certainly weren't dropping someone off as a taxi customer. Why would they park there unless they had other business with the hospital AND have a blue badge? Don't forget, most drivers use their taxis as their 'normal' cars.

newcomer01 said that it was there a while... (here)-

What is most likely is a taxi driver with a blue badge / relative with one, was visiting someone.

Yeah that's basically what I was saying. But as they weren't disabled themselves, why take up a disabled space which are specifically made wider so that wheelchair users can get their chairs out, when they didn't need to. They could have dropped the badge holder at the door and parked anywhere in the car park. Or are you saying that the badge holder on their own, someone other than the phd themselves, could have been using the car to visit the hospital?

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue the point, as everyone seems to have a wilful disregard of caring about other people's convenience, proved they're all right.

One thing nobody has mentioned is that the cameras would have seen the taxi and so would the parking people,at the ngh it would have had a ticket on it if illegally parked but it would appear that it was all above board in this case.Misuse of the blue badge means you lose it,so people are careful not to do so.

Genuine question, honest :) Do the hospital police randomly ask people what their disability is when they see blue badge holders parking?

I'd doubt it really. Who could tell? Is a min wage man/woman going to risk getting sacked for asking someone?

-

Misuse of the blue badge means you lose it,so people are careful not to do so.

The OP was suggesting that the blue badge holder wasn't genuine so the question could be,

'do people who have fraudulent blue badges misuse them any further than the initial fraudulence?!' :shocked::hihi:

No need to ask them ash,the holders photo is on the blue badge now,so if the person on the card isn't present they shouldn't be parked in the disabled bay.I drop my mate in the disabled bay,help him in the hospital then go home and he phones me when ready and I repeat the same,perhaps this is what the taxi was doing?