Private Hire Taxis showing mobility badge

I am not disabled.

I have a vehicle.

I have a friend that has a Blue Badge. (actually more than one).

Sometimes I help that friend with transportation.

At times when I am doing so, we have used the Blue Badge to park advantageously.

It is perfectly legal to do so.

If my vehicle were badged as a PHV, it would still be perfectly legal.

Still waiting for details .......

While you are waiting, can you not look things up? At least one poster has already given you a link so you don't have to do much. Another poster added some more which you don't seem to want to read.

The main thing being that the badge isn't necessarily for vehicle, but for the person, which answers most the details you need.

-

edit, to your first post and still waiting for details

My attention was drawn to vehicles parked within the grounds in the disabled spaces.

If you're going to be nosy then you have to accept that your annoyances were in vain when you learn a bit more.

One in particular being a Private Hire Taxi ,within a disabled parking space showing a correctly shown and valid mobility badge.

Even your first sentence makes no sense.

Your attention is brought to a vehicle showing the correct use of a blue badge in a disabled spot?

Now having a tad of knowledge about this

obviously not.

as far as I am aware in order to hold a Private Hire licence details of disability have to be submitted to Taxi licensing as you cannot have a disability

This just doesn't make much sense as a sentence.

and the Private Hire proprietors insurance does not cover for a disabled driver.

?

You seem to be misunderstanding the different insurances. The company has insurance for staff/buildings/contracts etc. The driver has PHV/Hack insurance for the vehicle/passengers. You can take out extra insurance which some do, not many though which covers you if you get sued if someone is injured whilst assisting them out of the vehicle to their house. No need on City, I rent from them and they pay for this.

What were you meaning here?

In order to hold a Blue Badge you have to hold the High rate of disability to attain this.

wrong

(and I think that this, and the point about person not vehicle is mainly where you have gone wrong)

So in essence ,if disabled you cannot legally drive a taxi,but if you are legally entitled to drive a taxi you cannot be disabled and have a Blue Mobility badge.

In essence you thought of something that annoyed you, and came to a load of conclusions which have been explained to you, and you still want answers?

The way that I see it,this seems to be another scam for free cash and help only allowed to a disabled person.

what?

Am I wrong in this assumption?

already answered.

-

You need wait no more.

Edited by *_ash_*

I am not disabled.

I have a vehicle.

I have a friend that has a Blue Badge. (actually more than one).

Sometimes I help that friend with transportation.

At times when I am doing so, we have used the Blue Badge to park advantageously.

It is perfectly legal to do so.

If my vehicle were badged as a PHV, it would still be perfectly legal.

Thanks for that,so tell me how long have you been driving a taxi?

---------- Post added 21-12-2015 at 09:43 ----------

While you are waiting, can you not look things up? At least one poster has already given you a link so you don't have to do much. Another poster added some more which you don't seem to want to read.

The main thing being that the badge isn't necessarily for vehicle, but for the person, which answers most the details you need.

If you're going to be nosy then you have to accept that your annoyances were in vain when you learn a bit more.

Good morning to the current SF pedant.

In the truest tradition of SF I see you have chosen to try and disprove absolutely everything I have put.Rather than read what was put.

Having driven a Private Hire taxi for a period whilst studying at college and driving a disabled wife for several years I feel that I have an understanding of what I put .Whilst I think I can just about grasp the points you have made.

Going to the hospital at visiting time yesterday and passing by coincidence ,a parking area that consisted of a disabled area of four parking spaces and one being taken by a private hire taxi which I found strange.So being called nosy is not necessarily correct,but if being childish name calling is your forte ,then continue if you must

So point one. At no point whilst driving a taxi did I ever use a disabled parking area.Fair comment I do not hold a blue badge or am I disabled.On a personal note,to this day I am annoyed at the number of people illegally use a disabled parking facility.

Point two,When I first started as a private Hire driver (P/T) I completed a questionaire concerning health etc and specifics asked about disabilities(one being epileptic).So to be a taxi driver you have to be in certain health.If not you are unable to be a taxi driver.If health issues are not disclosed then do I have to spell it out

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/blue-badge-scheme.This clearly shows the main bands of people who may be eligable for a Blue Badge.The one that I used was the most obvious and eliminated the ones that did not seem pertinent ( like being blind)

Over recent times in Rotherham there appears to be an epidemic of Blue Badge mis use where fines levied and the Blue badge facility removed.

So returning to my initial comment .A taxi would not normally deliver or collect a passenger from that area.Being a disabled taxi driver using a Blue Badge hardly seems synonymous with the health requirements to be a taxi driver.I also found it strange that the car was in that area for the entire visiting time.

Therfore I concluded( with reasonable assumption in my opinion) that at some point the driver of the taxi may have been negligent in divulging the entire truth about his health to obtain disability and mobility assistance whilst working full time as a taxi driver.

This seems to me yet another chancer taking advantage of a facility for people who require it and not for someone scamming the system.

I for one would be a little aprehensive of being driven by a taxi driver holding a Blue Badge

If you wish to pick faults ,by all means go ahead.But consider this my fine pedants.Rather than nit picking,consider the implications of such action.

The worse case scenario is that a taxi driver is making extra cash by making a false claim for disability/mobility/Blue Badge in itself is deplorable.

Alternatively consider that Private Hire taxis are used to transport children with special needs etc.

Do I really have to spell it out any further . I really feel that Rotherham does not need any other wrong doings highlighted after what has happened over the last few years.

Good morning to the current SF pedant.

You asked for more details, even though it's been spelled out for you. How is that pedantry, and who's calling people names now?

I don't think calling you nosy is name calling, you display the same thing in most of this post too.

In the truest tradition of SF I see you have chosen to try and disprove absolutely everything I have put.Rather than read what was put.

I read it, so did others, and you have your answer, you just won't have it, because you've obviously read enough bad press about rotherham taxis that you are seeing fault in whatever you please.

Having driven a Private Hire taxi for a period whilst studying at college and driving a disabled wife for several years I feel that I have an understanding of what I put .Whilst I think I can just about grasp the points you have made.

Good, I wrote them as concise as possible. If your wife is disabled and a badge holder, I would think that you should know that you can park your car with her in the vehicle, and leave the badge in the car.

Going to the hospital at visiting time yesterday and passing by coincidence ,a parking area that consisted of a disabled area of four parking spaces and one being taken by a private hire taxi which I found strange.So being called nosy is not necessarily correct,but if being childish name calling is your forte ,then continue if you must

So point one. At no point whilst driving a taxi did I ever use a disabled parking area

You found it strange because you've got a preconceived idea about [rotherham] taxis, and you don't know the rules, which seems odd if you used to drive one and have a disabled wife.

Fair comment I do not hold a blue badge or am I disabled.On a personal note,to this day I am annoyed at the number of people illegally use a disabled parking facility.

So am I. Quite frankly, in this or any case, for all I know this taxi or any of the other 3 cars in the bays might have stolen that badge, parked there and practised marathon running around the hospital complex. The info you gave though that it was correctly displayed, so that's the end of it unless you have any evidence of wrongdoing.

Point two,When I first started as a private Hire driver (P/T) I completed a questionaire concerning health etc and specifics asked about disabilities(one being epileptic).So to be a taxi driver you have to be in certain health.If not you are unable to be a taxi driver.If health issues are not disclosed then do I have to spell it out

Of course you have to been in a certain health, that's why we have to have medicals at regular intervals. This isn't what you said though.

in order to hold a Private Hire licence details of disability have to be submitted to Taxi licensing as you cannot have a disability

As long as you meet the criteria required to do the job, then you can taxi drive one.

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/blue-badge-scheme.This clearly shows the main bands of people who may be eligable for a Blue Badge.The one that I used was the most obvious and eliminated the ones that did not seem pertinent ( like being blind)

Over recent times in Rotherham there appears to be an epidemic of Blue Badge mis use where fines levied and the Blue badge facility removed.

fancypants answered this for you when you got confused again:

Originally Posted by newcomer01

Hi ,fancypants having looked at the criteria prior to doing this post I am almost certain that what I have put is correct.

I am sure I stated who qualified for a badge,so how am I so wrong?

Answer: You stated that in order to qualify for a Blue Badge, a person must be on the high rate of disability ....... this is not true. You can get a Blue badge even if you don't get the disability allowance.

So returning to my initial comment .A taxi would not normally deliver or collect a passenger from that area.

Perhaps it was a family member? I take my Mum out in my taxi and we use her blue badge. If it was possible to park in the Sheffield hospitals you'd see mine there with a badge in the window.

Being a disabled taxi driver using a Blue Badge hardly seems synonymous with the health requirements to be a taxi driver.I also found it strange that the car was in that area for the entire visiting time.

see above. But as it happens I know a couple of drivers with a blue badge.

Therfore I concluded( with reasonable assumption in my opinion) that at some point the driver of the taxi may have been negligent in divulging the entire truth about his health to obtain disability and mobility assistance whilst working full time as a taxi driver.

This seems to me yet another chancer taking advantage of a facility for people who require it and not for someone scamming the system.

I for one would be a little aprehensive of being driven by a taxi driver holding a Blue Badge

If you wish to pick faults ,by all means go ahead.But consider this my fine pedants.Rather than nit picking,consider the implications of such action.

The worse case scenario is that a taxi driver is making extra cash by making a false claim for disability/mobility/Blue Badge in itself is deplorable.

It perhaps was a reasonable assumption, but now it was answered and you still wouldn't have it. The rest is just slippery slope logic.

Alternatively consider that Private Hire taxis are used to transport children with special needs etc.

and?

Do I really have to spell it out any further . I really feel that Rotherham does not need any other wrong doings highlighted after what has happened over the last few years.

This is the problem like I said before.

Unless you have evidence of wrong doing which you clearly don't, then you are being nosy.

Jesus Christ. Are you really comparing child abuse and rape to a taxi 'possibly' although unlikely having an illegal blue badge? You really do need to go to that hospital and get your head checked out never mind your guts.

Hi fancypants ,who is eligable for the badge who do not need DLA?

I personally have two relatives who are eligible and have Blue Badges but they do not claim any disability benefits. One finds it difficult to walk and the other has breathing problems. You do not need to be on DLA at all to qualify for a Blue Badge.

Sorry Kate.Never mentioned anything to do with child abuse just the bad press in Rotherham.

Sorry I did not spell it out,but maintain that kids are driven in taxis.Now I for one would not be happy if a child of mine was being driven by a disabled taxi driver not fully knowing the extent of disability.But that is just my prference thats all.P.S I think my mind generally is OK ,no mental health issues here thank goodness

Oh Hummmm,so sad to see a bitter taxi driver standing for his taxi brothers ,and another forummer ( which is not unusual) twisting words to make another understanding.I suppose that is what SF is all about.

OK fancypants unless they drive a taxi then I imagine this thread has nothing to do with them.Unless you are making the point that I said over qualification of a Blue Badge.It was an example I used ,I never mentioned anything about any other qualification.

What if it was a relative or spouse of the taxi driver? - their partner (or whoever it is) can claim a badge, and it can be used in any car that they are driven in...

Most of my family is blind or partially sighted, and several have blue badges, but only a a handful of us have access to a car, those that do have blue badges, and they aren't always the same car (depends who is available and when :) )