WASPI -Women Against State Pension Inequality

Inequality can be a terrible thing. The western world has seen plenty of inequality in terms of race, creed and gender throughout our history and rightly corrected at least the vast majority of it.

I find the use of the term inequality by this organisation to be at the very least disingenuous and I think it's disrespectful to our rightly revered ancestors who suffered and in some cases died in the genuine fight against inequality.

It's not a term I'm comfortable allowing to be abused in this way without protest.

You see it doesnt bother me because I just see them being an informal group with a cause. I can see they have a de facto situation where its women who have been affected and once you look at their case on the link you cna see where they are coming from. Im used to weasle words or people saying one thing when they mean another. Employment and civil liberties werent soemthing I spent ages on.

Anything to do with women's rights is always a red rag to the misogynists.

And people who say that are usually feminist Misandrists.

Just to add.. Did these women born in the 1950's pay the same NI contribution as men?

Edited by apelike

And people who say that are usually feminist Misandrists.

Just to add.. Did these women born in the 1950's pay the same NI contribution as men?

The campaign is nothing to do with the rate of NI stamp paid, the amount of pension one receives or that women's SPA is the same as men's.

It is about the lack of notice given to women regarding the increase in pension age.

Nothing to do with misandry/misogyny either as many men have found that their wives having their pension age changed has impacted on the family budget.

The campaign is nothing to do with the rate of NI stamp paid, the amount of pension one receives or that women's SPA is the same as men's.

It is about the lack of notice given to women regarding the increase in pension age.

Nothing to do with misandry/misogyny either as many men have found that their wives having their pension age changed has impacted on the family budget.

That sounds a reasonable point which we could debate.

As soon as they choose an honest name for the organisation.

Wasn't there an increase in the male pension age too?

Wasn't there an increase in the male pension age too?

Yes. Men's pension age was increased too.

A man and a woman born on the same day would now have the the same SPA.

In 2011 a 58 year old man would have been informed that his SPA had increased by about 3-6 months (depending on the month he was born) - giving him 7 years notice that he would have to work longer.

At the same time a 58 year old woman was informed that her SPA had increased by over 5 years, giving her 2 years notice.

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 21:07 ----------

I will believe in equality when I see a woman navvying out a trench with a pick and shovel.

Women work on building sites, women worked down the pit. Women did manual work during the war.