WASPI -Women Against State Pension Inequality

So you agree with my statement (ignoring my grammatical error).

Lots of things aren't 'my' problem. The cuts in Working Tax credits don't affect me, junior doctor's hours don't affect me, penalties for missing a job seeker appointment don't affect me but if I see a petition that I agree with I will sign it and share it for those interested. If I don't agree with it I don't sign or share but neither do I argue with those who believe in it.

Start a petition to bring the male retirement age down to 60 and I will sign and share.

That's not an inequality!

Where is the supposed inequality the group is supposedly against?

Presumably because it affects exclusively women?

Putting the inequality argument aside for one moment, then I can see why they might wnat to protest about the way its been implemented. Im not really invested in it one wat or the other, just observing and read some stuff to find out what the OP was about.

I am bemused slightly about what the OP expects to achieve considering what the forums are like.

Women were the subject of preferential treatment which they had no moral entitlement to. That preferential treatment has been removed. And about damn time.

There's a case to be made for a softer landing in terms of removing the preferential treatment of women in terms of retirement, but not a very strong one.

In any case, the false nature of the organisation's name undermines anything they might have to say on the matter as it immediately identifies them as dishonest, or at least highly disingenuous.

Oh for heaven's sake. Read the history of SPA and you'll see why men's retirement age was higher than that of women. No-one has ever said they agreed with it.

I didn't choose the name or start the group - why not go on their page and have a moan about it?

Oh for heaven's sake. Read the history of SPA and you'll see why men's retirement age was higher than that of women. No-one has ever said they agreed with it.

I didn't choose the name or start the group - why not go on their page and have a moan about it?

Shan't.

An organisation which uses a lie in its name is to be rejected without further consideration. I shall give them no further attention.

Presumably because it affects exclusively women?

Putting the inequality argument aside for one moment, then I can see why they might wnat to protest about the way its been implemented. Im not really invested in it one wat or the other, just observing and read some stuff to find out what the OP was about.

I am bemused slightly about what the OP expects to achieve considering what the forums are like.

I wanted to let people know about the campaign and let them look (if they were interested ) and either support or ignore. Unfortunately some people are unable to grasp that because they just love being obnoxious.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 13:12 ----------

Shan't.

An organisation which uses a lie in its name is to be rejected without further consideration. I shall give them no further attention.

That's the way!

I wanted to let people know about the campaign and let them look (if they were interested ) and either support or ignore. Unfortunately some people are unable to grasp that because they just love being obnoxious.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 13:12 ----------

That's the way!

For someone who claims to not be bothered, you seem awfully, well bothered.

If you want inequality restored just be honest and say it. People have more respect for honest folk.

If anything, the retirement age for women should be higher than for men, as they tend to live longer so the average woman still has a longer retirement than the average man, despite having worked for less years. I will settle for an equal age though, as I believe in equality.

If you want inequality restored just be honest and say it. People have more respect for honest folk.

If anything, the retirement age for women should be higher than for men, as they tend to live longer so the average woman still has a longer retirement than the average man, despite having worked for less years. I will settle for an equal age though, as I believe in equality.

What part of 'it's not about restoring women's pension age back to 60' are you struggling with?

Love the fact that my signature 'bothers' you.

Except if you had bothered to learn what the issue was about they arent asking for anything to be restored.