WASPI -Women Against State Pension Inequality

Women Against State Pension Inequality, an action group campaigning against the unfair changes to the State Pension Age imposed on women born in the 1950's

This is not a group to protest about women having their retirement age increased to that of men.

It is concerned with the effect these changes had on women born in the 1950's who have had their retirement age changed twice with little notice.

The increase has been 6 years in some cases with little opportunity to make other provision for retirement.

The FB group is WASPI - Women Against State Pension Inequality Campaign and they have a campaign for the changes to be reviewed

https://www.facebook.com/WASPI-Women-Against-State-Pension-Inequality-Campaign-877054125688402/?fref=ts

This is not a group to protest about women having their retirement age increased to that of men.

In that case, what inequality is being protested against?

Inequality is defined as "the condition of being unequal, lack of equality, disparity". A situation that certainly did exist when women retired earlier than men.

Women Against State Pension Inequality, an action group campaigning against the unfair changes to the State Pension Age imposed on women born in the 1950's

It is concerned with the effect these changes had on women born in the 1950's who have had their retirement age changed twice with little notice.

The increase has been 6 years in some cases with little opportunity to make other provision for retirement.

The FB group is WASPI - Women Against State Pension Inequality Campaign and they have a campaign for the changes to be reviewed

https://www.facebook.com/WASPI-Women-Against-State-Pension-Inequality-Campaign-877054125688402/?fref=ts

Where were they when men had to work 5 years longer than women to get their pensions?

Thankyou for bringing this site to our attention. I was wondering if there was anything being done about it.

However the £150 a week pension much mooted for April 2016 by Cameron turns out to be nothing of the sort, and only 1/3 rd of the people will receive that amount. That needs a lot more publicity or there are going to be a lot more disappointed women trying to organise their budgets next year.

Seems like your bothered bag isn't empty after all.

I am against inequality, what exactly is unequal here?

Where were they when men had to work 5 years longer than women to get their pensions?

If men were bothered enough to create a group to protest then they probably would have supported it.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 02:13 ----------

Didn't effect them so not their problem.

No, it didn't affect women. So why didn't the men do something about it...errrm like start a campaign?

Seems like your bothered bag isn't empty after all.

I am against inequality, what exactly is unequal here?

Grow up.

I have explained what the group is about and those who are interested, and intelligent enough, can read further if they wish.

Those who have looked in their bothered bag and found it empty can sit back and try to make witty comments.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 02:26 ----------

Somehow I knew that the men would all reply negatively. They probably have mums, sisters, wives born in the 50s who are affected by this.

I see we have the 'Where were you when men had to retire 5 years later than women' comments - much like the 'Why have women organised breast cancer awareness - what about testicular cancer?' brigade.

Obviously too thick to organise themselves to do anything.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 02:38 ----------

In that case, what inequality is being protested against?

Inequality is defined as "the condition of being unequal, lack of equality, disparity". A situation that certainly did exist when women retired earlier than men.

Thanks for the dictionary definition of inequality.

You obviously haven't read the campaign outline or you would know what the inequality is.

It's up to you whether or not you read it, support it or scoff at it - I put this on to let the people who ARE concerned know about the campaign.

Edited by xfox3x

Grow up.

I have explained what the group is about and those who are interested, and intelligent enough, can read further if they wish.

Those who have looked in their bothered bag and found it empty can sit back and try to make witty comments.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 02:26 ----------

Somehow I knew that the men would all reply negatively. They probably have mums, sisters, wives born in the 50s who are affected by this.

I see we have the 'Where were you when men had to retire 5 years later than women' comments - much like the 'Why have women organised breast cancer awareness - what about testicular cancer?' brigade.

Obviously too thick to organise themselves to do anything.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 02:38 ----------

Thanks for the dictionary definition of inequality.

You obviously haven't read the campaign outline or you would know what the inequality is.

It's up to you whether or not you read it, support it or scoff at it - I put this on to let the people who ARE concerned know about the campaign.

I was referencing your fairly childish signature, I have no need to grow up.

Your comparison to cancer is an awful one. What i and others have asked is what inequality it is you are campaigning against. I have looked on the fb page and can't really identify any inequality.

It seems you are campaigning against the newly imposed equality in state pensions. If I am wrong please point it out, I do a fair amount of work campaigning for equality (mainly within the mental health sector) so would be happy to help.