WASPI -Women Against State Pension Inequality

I have read the Facebook page, which is what she linked on this post. I have read the same thing as you and have formed a different opinion. Please don't be so bigoted as to dismiss my view.

You were arguing the OP was being dishonest and that the campaign sought restoration.

The Facebook page states

Women Against State Pension Inequality (WASPI), agree with equalisation, but don鈥檛 agree with the unfair way the changes were implemented

Which is clear its about transitional arrangements and nothing to do with restoration. Clearly you are wrong, its a question of fact not opinion.

---------- Post added 06-11-2015 at 15:51 ----------

That's a contrived and completely bogus definition of equality.

You could just as easily say that when women were given the vote a century ago it was an act of inequality because men didn't get a second vote at the same time.

Ah see unbeliever I can discuss in an adult fashion with you.

Contrived. it wasnt meant to be and I dont have any investment in this issue, so theres no reason for me to have a view one way or the other. Its the group that claims it has been unfairly treated and I dont think its unreasonable to go along with the idea they feel its unfair to women because the change affects only women. Its the groups argument not mine.

If it had affected equal numbers of men and women then I wouldnt be surprised if the group was against the transitional arrangements in general because thats their real gripe of not being given enough warning and much less than others have reccommended.

The dictionary has inequality as

inequality

noun in路equal路i路ty \藢i-ni-藞kw盲-l蓹-t膿\

: an unfair situation in which some people have more rights or better opportunities than other people

In this situation the inequality is about transitional arrangements affecting one group not the ultimate goal of equalising the pension ages. In your example that would simply remain the unequal status quo. I ot the impression the group was more nothered about women in their 50s suffering hardship than equality.

You cna read about their claim here https://www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/women-seeking-pension-justice/

Ah see unbeliever I can discuss in an adult fashion with you.

Contrived. it wasnt meant to be and I dont have any investment in this issue, so theres no reason for me to have a view one way or the other. Its the group that claims it has been unfairly treated and I dont think its unreasonable to go along with the idea they feel its unfair to women because the change affects only women. Its the groups argument not mine.

If it had affected equal numbers of men and women then I wouldnt be surprised if the group was against the transitional arrangements in general because thats their real gripe of not being given enough warning and much less than others have reccommended.

The dictionary has inequality as

inequality

noun in路equal路i路ty \藢i-ni-藞kw盲-l蓹-t膿\

: an unfair situation in which some people have more rights or better opportunities than other people

In this situation the inequality is about transitional arrangements affecting one group not the ultimate goal of equalising the pension ages. In your example that would simply remain the unequal status quo. I ot the impression the group was more nothered about women in their 50s suffering hardship than equality.

You cna read about their claim here https://www.crowdjustice.co.uk/case/women-seeking-pension-justice/

So the supposed inequality is between older women who benefit from the earlier retirement and younger women who do not?

If that were the case, I would concede that the name is only misleading and not false.

So the supposed inequality is between older women who benefit from the earlier retirement and younger women who do not?

If that were the case, I would concede that the name is only misleading and not false.

I think the inequality is a bit of a red herring because by its nature it can only affect one group. I suppose you could say the inequality complained about is a bit ironic, since women have had the advantage for a long time in retirement age. If the government followed the advice and had given them longer to transition then it wouldnt be a problem.

Somewhere there will be women who retired one day too late and find themselves having to work the extra years, which must be a bit of a pain. I doubt the govt will do anything, so they are probably looking at some legal challenge. Legal causes like these go on for years.

I think the inequality is a bit of a red herring because by its nature it can only affect one group. I suppose you could say the inequality complained about is a bit ironic, since women have had the advantage for a long time in retirement age. If the government followed the advice and had given them longer to transition then it wouldnt be a problem.

Somewhere there will be women who retired one day too late and find themselves having to work the extra years, which must be a bit of a pain. I doubt the govt will do anything, so they are probably looking at some legal challenge. Legal causes like these go on for years.

Inequality can be a terrible thing. The western world has seen plenty of inequality in terms of race, creed and gender throughout our history and rightly corrected at least the vast majority of it.

I find the use of the term inequality by this organisation to be at the very least disingenuous and I think it's disrespectful to our rightly revered ancestors who suffered and in some cases died in the genuine fight against inequality.

It's not a term I'm comfortable allowing to be abused in this way without protest.

Edited by unbeliever

Inequality can be a terrible thing. The western world has seen plenty of inequality in terms of race, creed and gender throughout our history and rightly corrected at least the vast majority of it.

I find the use of the term inequality by this organisation to be at the very least disingenuous and I think it's disrespectful to our rightly revered ancestors who suffered and in some cases died in the genuine fight against inequality.

It's not a term I'm comfortable allowing to be abused in this way without protest.

You see it doesnt bother me because I just see them being an informal group with a cause. I can see they have a de facto situation where its women who have been affected and once you look at their case on the link you cna see where they are coming from. Im used to weasle words or people saying one thing when they mean another. Employment and civil liberties werent soemthing I spent ages on.

Anything to do with women's rights is always a red rag to the misogynists.

And people who say that are usually feminist Misandrists.

Just to add.. Did these women born in the 1950's pay the same NI contribution as men?

Edited by apelike

And people who say that are usually feminist Misandrists.

Just to add.. Did these women born in the 1950's pay the same NI contribution as men?

The campaign is nothing to do with the rate of NI stamp paid, the amount of pension one receives or that women's SPA is the same as men's.

It is about the lack of notice given to women regarding the increase in pension age.

Nothing to do with misandry/misogyny either as many men have found that their wives having their pension age changed has impacted on the family budget.

The campaign is nothing to do with the rate of NI stamp paid, the amount of pension one receives or that women's SPA is the same as men's.

It is about the lack of notice given to women regarding the increase in pension age.

Nothing to do with misandry/misogyny either as many men have found that their wives having their pension age changed has impacted on the family budget.

That sounds a reasonable point which we could debate.

As soon as they choose an honest name for the organisation.

Wasn't there an increase in the male pension age too?

I will believe in equality when I see a woman navvying out a trench with a pick and shovel.

I will believe in equality when I see a woman navvying out a trench with a pick and shovel.

......... and a man giving birth. :roll:

......... and a man giving birth. :roll:

oh not that old line :roll: