Russia now bombing Syria

Are you aware that the West (including the UK) support the rebels in their attempts to overthrow the Assad regime ?

And that if Russia start hitting the US backed and armed rebel groups, the US might not take too kindly to that :(

I don't think anyone has any objection to Russia hitting ISIS but it appears they are not doing that.

yes i am aware but as the Assad gov is a legitimate gov at the moment we should support that instead of sitting by on the sidelines and chucking a few munitions at rebels, the US wont do anything and Putin knows it.

why should Putin be selective?? both sides are attacking his Ally?

And here we have Mr Corbyn claiming he wouldn't use nuclear weapons under any circumstances (thereby rendering them useless as a deterrent). The way this is going, he may never get chance to...

he also opposes nato membership. nato is pretty handy at times as an aggressor knows that it has rather more to deal with than just one adversary. but then corbyn wants to flush that down the bog as well.

he also opposes nato membership. nato is pretty handy at times as an aggressor knows that it has rather more to deal with than just one adversary. but then corbyn wants to flush that down the bog as well.

NATO is the aggressor. Take a drive through Europe and see for yourself. Id like nothing more than to leave NATO, its more trouble than its worth.

Are you aware that the West (including the UK) support the rebels in their attempts to overthrow the Assad regime ?

And that if Russia start hitting the US backed and armed rebel groups, the US might not take too kindly to that :(

I don't think anyone has any objection to Russia hitting ISIS but it appears they are not doing that.

i dont think the us will do anything, they know that large swaths of the rebels will defect to isis or al qaeda at the drop of a hat.

Edited by dangerousedd

NATO is the aggressor. Take a drive through Europe and see for yourself. Id like nothing more than to leave NATO, its more trouble than its worth.
Do you mind developing this argument some more, please?

I'm afraid I don't get the point(s) or even the alleged causal link :huh:

EDIT - Putin is continuing to show Western governments how realpolitik is done properly, and looking after his Russia's best interests, which are variously to keep (increase, actually) a rein on Syria (as its only Mediterranean enclave, whether headed by Assad or not) and on domestic Muslim terrorism at the initiative of Chechens (a few thousands of whom have been massing under the IS banner in Syria/Iraq for a while...which area isn't that far away from Chechnya and Russia as the bird flies).

Since the West has been sitting, and presently continues to sit, on its collective thumbs a while longer than usual about Syria (relative to Libya and earlier adventures); since the West has been steadfastly dropping its collective kegs in respect of Georgia, Crimea and lately Ukraine; and since Obama is quite clearly still pushing the US' isolationist policies of old; he's continuing to do whatever he thinks is best, and rightly thinking "What the f is the West going to about it? Nada."

Edited by L00b

So it could be Russia bombing civilians then.

Course it could. It could have been deliberate, accidental or poor intelligence but until its been independently verified we should all put our pitchforks back in the shed.

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 12:55 ----------

Do you mind developing this argument some more, please?

I'm afraid I don't get the point(s) or even the alleged causal link :huh:

Im litteraly just off out but have a google for

'anti NATO protest in europe 2015'

It gives you a flavour of the feeling spreading through Europe.

If you want to know more and i dare say you will you need to use an alternative to Google and other mainstream search engines

I cant post links to them or the info they find as they get deleted. They must contravene SF rules in some way but its all easy enough to get hold of.

This is what I mean. America would say that wouldn't they? But I can assure you that the American bombing accounts for a massive number of civilian casualties killed as the USA tried to target Isis. But we just don't hear about it.