Russia now bombing Syria

Russia now bombing Syria, along with USA, UK, Jordan and just about every other country with an Air Force!

How come they still appear to be winning?

Two reasons. The local people are cowards and refuse to fight back, preferring to run away looking for a better life in the EU, and we have idiot politicians like Corbyn who refused to accept ISIS will ever be a threat.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/-you-can-t-train-cowards-to-fight-nz-first-mp-challenges-pm-on-iraqi-troops-6321707

Also don't forget the Countries in the region are all as bad as one another and wouldn't lift a finger to help anyone but themselves.

Edited by Berberis

have a google for

'anti NATO protest in europe 2015'

It gives you a flavour of the feeling spreading through Europe.

Most of what I'm seeing with that search is ruptly links between late 2014 and March 2015.

Nothing different to the German anti-NATO and anti-nuke demos of the 70s and 80s either, by the looks.

And I've travelled the length and breadth of Europe a few times over since that time, so I'm still not getting it, sorry :(

If you want to know more and i dare say you will you need to use an alternative to Google and other mainstream search engines

I cant post links to them or the info they find as they get deleted. They must contravene SF rules in some way but its all easy enough to get hold of.

I'm quietly confident that you can paraphrase the salient facts without links, without fear of censure on here :)

Two reasons. The local people are cowards and refuse to fight back, preferring to run away looking for a better life in the EU, and we have idiot politicians like Corbyn who refused to accept ISIS will ever be a threat.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/-you-can-t-train-cowards-to-fight-nz-first-mp-challenges-pm-on-iraqi-troops-6321707

Also don't forget the Countries in the region are all as bad as one another and wouldn't lift a finger to help anyone but themselves.

Of course Corbyn accepts ISIS are a massive threat. But so far trying to bombing them into submission hasn't exactly worked wonders so perhaps he's just suggesting 'why don't we try talking to them? you never know...'. If they laugh in his face or ignore us totally then carrying on with the bombing. I struggle to see why people are against this approach. I'd support almost anything that would end a conflict of this scale with minimal casualties on both sides and talking is FREE, bombs are not. I know which option I'd attempt first.

Of course Corbyn accepts ISIS are a massive threat. But so far trying to bombing them into submission hasn't exactly worked wonders so perhaps he's just suggesting 'why don't we try talking to them? you never know...'. If they laugh in his face or ignore us totally then carrying on with the bombing. I struggle to see why people are against this approach. I'd support almost anything that would end a conflict of this scale with minimal casualties on both sides and talking is FREE, bombs are not. I know which option I'd attempt first.

You don't talk to people who hack the heads off their enemies, who burn captured enemy pilots alive and who turn captured women into sex slaves. You wipe them out, without mercy.

You can bomb an enemy into submission. It was done in Iraq twice recently. The reason why our current bombing is not working, is because we are not using are full military might. Why, because Parliament refused to allow it.

It's not a question of being against that approach, which is entirely commonsensical and laudable, at all.

It's the fact that ISIS are, by their own clear and unequivocal statements, repeated time and time again for the past 3 years or more, completely uninterested in any such talking. They want a pan-Arabic caliphate to begin with, and a global one at term. That's it. Nothing short of that will do.

Question to you: do you think the world should let them? even merely keep what they've got now?

By all means, you or Corbyn or the Dalai Lama or Mother Angela or what-his-face-head-of-UN-guy go talk. You can even go to the trouble of formally signing bits of papers. You know, just like Chamberlain and Stalin did with Hitler in the 30s :twisted:

Edited by L00b

complete twaddle!! Corbyn has been a sympathiser in all but name in the past cosying up to terrorists, why has he not come out in support of the bombings?

the reason why bombing has not worked so far is that the UK and france has been playing at it! almost not wanting to get involved? at least Putin will put his full force behind the action.

yes there may well be some collateral damage and some civilians could get hurt but that i am a fariad is a price that will have to be paid.

talking to these people is like flicking a tree with your finger and hoping it will fall down:roll:

Reuters' Lebanese sources say hundreds of Iranian forces arrived in Syria 10 days ago with weapons to take part in ground operations.

The same sources say the Russian air strikes will soon be accompanied by Syrian army and allied ground advances.

Hizbollah itself is preparing to take part in a big ground operation in northern Syria.

Seeing as Putin and his allies are now taking charge of Syria,it seems the perfect time for the West to repatriate all the refugees to Syria and tell them that Putin will sort you out.

Edited by chalga

I suppose it makes a change from Passenger jets

We have to watch Russia. Its a barefaced liar as shown by its denial their troops where in Ukraine. They then said they were there to protect the ethnic Russians, they then said they where there to support the local people. Then Russia swallowed the place whole stating it was always there anyway.

Do you think Russia would be so happy if Germany walked into Kaliningrad and said it was always theirs anyway. Europe would be at war in minutes.

Russia will lie and deceive anyone that does not serve their interests.

US and Russian warplanes in the same airspace. What could possibly go wrong?

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 16:00 ----------

We have to watch Russia. Its a barefaced liar as shown by its denial their troops where in Ukraine. They then said they were there to protect the ethnic Russians, they then said they where there to support the local people. Then Russia swallowed the place whole stating it was always there anyway.

Do you think Russia would be so happy if Germany walked into Kaliningrad and said it was always theirs anyway. Europe would be at war in minutes.

Russia will lie and deceive anyone that does not serve their interests.

yes its starting to get a bit more complex now and I don't think russia is interested in bombing ISIS because ISIS aren't really fighting the Asaad regime. The regime has taken major territory losses this year including its biggest defeat in Idlib province, where the entire province is under Nusra control.

They'll probably be targeting the FSA and JAN who are a threat to the regime at present.

the Regime barrel bombing has proved ineffective at eliminating military targets (due to how indiscriminate and extremely inaccurate they are) So all Russia has to say is thery're just providing its air force in the same way the West provided air support for the Libyan opposition.:)

plus it gives russia a port and airport for its planes, right next door to a NATO ally, and China's going big in Africa,whats next is anybodys guess:huh:

Edited by johncocker