Sheffields best togger match last 50 years

I'll answer your question monza,15 years ago I think most of us expected a return within 3/4 years and if football hadn't changed so dramatically moneywise,maybe we would .That's not dismissing the bad management of the club which obviously contributed.

Thank you gazza,and like i said on the other thread,i think most blades expected us to be back in the prem within the 8 yrs timespan we have been out of it,but thats what comes with supporting a sheffield club,they let you down a lot:help:

I'd have paid to watch that one. How old where you then 60? :D

I was in my prime matey.........:hihi:

We had to pack in 'cause the rheumatics meant we couldn't get down to tie our laces and the ref kept booking us for diving everytime we tripped over them.

Oh no,you're talking yorkshire'ish again,that means you're losing it,a yes or no would have been easier than creating a thread though don't you think:rolleyes:

I can see this is going to be difficult

So i will kick of with a cup final WIN!

That means that you actually win a cup:hihi:

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 19:54 ----------

I was in my prime matey.........:hihi:

We had to pack in 'cause the rheumatics meant we couldn't get down to tie our laces and the ref kept booking us for diving everytime we tripped over them.

It is against the rules to keep going of topic [some one keeps saying anyway;).

there you go,you must feel better now you got the dig in,right now you have done your bit,a quick yes or no will do,told pal:)

Hoyland town jags 3 woodhouse stag 2 in the cup,we gave them a scare that day.

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 19:54 ----------

It is against the rules to keep going of topic [some one keeps saying anyway;).

It was answering the relevant posts in the spirit they were asked, tell me, which part do you find disturbing?

For me it,s not boxing day, or lifting a trophy, or a play off final,we go back to 29th Sept1984,promoted the previous season we went to Anfield and silenced the kop witha 2-0 victory with goals from Imre Varadi and Gary Shelton. We totally defied the odds.

That was the day I got married and the sadly departed Winton Cooper told a good story about the day when he announced my first daughters birth a year later. He said he walked into the church and he saw me we a very worried look on my face and he rushed up to me thinking Jayne wasn't going to turn up after she had found out about my Stag Night (remember in those days you had the stag night on the Thursday before) and all I said is "how are Wednesday doing".

:)It's got to be the 1966 FA Cup - final. Sheff Wed v Everton 2-3.

Owls 2- 0 up with 20 mins to go ,we were almost ready to walk up the steps to collect

the Trophy.Ah well. .:)Owl.

Best 4-0 boxing day 79.

Most important Us 1 Manure 0,1st proper trophy to come to Sheffield since 1935.

Best 4-0 boxing day 79.

Most important Us 1 Manure 0,1st proper trophy to come to Sheffield since 1935.

Considering neither sheffield team had won owt since 1935, I have to agree the league cup win has to be the most important.

You could also put down to decisive moments as for one

promotion 2011/12 going 14 unbeaten from 26th Feb upto 5th may & piping the Blades to it ..

Won 11, drawn 3

You could also put down to decisive moments as for one

promotion 2011/12 going 14 unbeaten from 26th Feb upto 5th may & piping the Blades to it ..

Won 11, drawn 3

And then the all Sheffield Semi the biggest semi ever in the history of Semi's won by the original Sheffield Pro Togga team:banana::banana::banana::banana: